||Chapter 2||

You got up early the next morning and ate a quick breakfast in the great hall before you headed off to class. As you made your way through the halls of Hogwarts swarmed with crowds of students, you couldn't help but feel a little nervous about what was in store for you this semester. You had heard that Professor Snape was particularly strict and demanding when it came to his classes, and you weren't quite sure what to expect.

You made it to the classroom a bit earlier and took a seat near the middle seat of the room. As the other students started to arrive, there was an air of apprehension as everyone furrowed their brows and anxiously awaited Professor Snape's entrance.

"Hello," You heard a feminine voice beside you and turned to see a girl with hazel eyes smiling at you.

"Hi." You replied, feeling a little bit more at ease as the other students continued to trickle in.

"Is this seat occupied?" She asked.

You shook your head. "It's not."

"Well then, mind if I take it?" She said as she grabbed the chair next to you, pulling it closer to yours. You smiled and nodded in response: "Of course."

As she fixed her things up, she turned to you and extended her hand. "I'm Johdie. Johdie Jones."

You stared and blinked at her open palm before you smiled and took her hand, shaking it gently. "It's nice to meet you, my name's (Full Name). (Name) is fine."

You smiled at her, which she returned with her own. She's also a fellow hufflepuff like you.

"You're a new face." Johdie continued."Have you been here long? I pressume not."

"Actually, no." You replied. "I just got here a few days ago, actually. I'm still trying to find my way around the castle and school grounds." You laughed nervously before taking a deep breath and looking up at her with a smile.

"Heh, I figured." She wrote something on the corner of her parchment paper before turning to you.

"It's not often Professor Dumbledore takes in a new student or - in this case, a transferee since we're both in the same year."

Transferee... yeah...

You gave her a slightly crooked smile before you jumped. The clock struck nine o'clock, and suddenly the door opened up. Everyone immediately sat up in their seats as Professor Snape strode into the room with a very stern look on his face. His cloak billowing behind him added a more dramatic effect.

He walked up to the front desk and surveyed the room with his beady eyes, scaning the room of students, and you felt your breath hitch slightly as his gaze casted upon you.

"Now," Professor Snape spoke in a deep, booming voice. "Who can give me the antidote for the Draught of the living death?"

Straight to the point, You noted mentally. No "good morning"s or welcome?

The room filled with silence as the students looked around at each other nervously. No one wants to be the one to answer first.

You avoided eye contact with the Professor as he seemingly leisurely paced around the room, eyes bouncing back and forth across the heads of his students.

"No one?" Professor Snape spoke slowly. It was a statement, not a question.

"How disappointing. And it is only the first day."

He stopped pacing and walked up to the front of the classroom, leaning against his desk and looking around at all of you. You could practically see the wheels turning in his head as he contemplated how to proceed. Or at least that's how you could tell.