26. Return

Clint

I pulled an exploding arrow out of my quiver and loaded it into my bow, then aimed it at an empty space. It flew through the air, then when it landed it exploded the ground around it with a large orange blast and a loud 'bang'. I ran towards the building and climbed up the side with the help of a hook (I totally hadn't borrowed it from Nat before I retired), before climbing in a window. I ran down the corridor of the familiar building and turned into the kitchen. I saw a woman looking out of the window and slowed to a walk.

Suddenly, a knife flew towards me, surrounded by red magic. The woman spun around, eyes alert. When she recognised me, she dropped the knife - it was barely an inch from my face.

With a smirk, I joked, "Guess I should've knocked."

"Oh my god," the Sokovian woman breathed out relief, walking towards me. "What are you doing here?"

Walking over to a wall-post I replied humorously, "Disappointing my kids."

I shot an arrow at one post, then turned and shot one at the opposite post.

"We were supposed to go water skating," I told the witch, going back towards her. "Cap needs our help, come on."

I grabbed her hand and led her towards the door, but I was stopped by a voice calling, "Clint!"

We both stopped walking, not turning around for a second, until Vision said, "You should not be here."

Turning around, I clapped, "Really? I retire for what, like five minutes, and it all goes to shit."

"Please, consider the consequences of your actions," Vision urged.

Swiftly, I responded, "Okay they're considered."

My arrows emitted electricity and they hit Vision, rendering him unable to move.

"Okay, we gotta go," I urged to Wanda, turning around again.

I ran to the door, then realised the witch wasn't with me, so turned to face her; yet again.

"I-it's this way," I told her, pointing to the exit.

The brunette looked at her hands, playing with her sleeves.

"I've caused enough problems," she told me.

Sighing, I went over to her, glancing at Vision out of the corner of my eye.

"You gotta help me Wanda," I started. "You wanna mope, you can go to high school, if you wanna make amends, you get off your ass."

I looked at Vision and saw him use the mind stone to bust the arrows.

"Shit," I muttered, going towards him.

I pulled out an arrow and tried to shoot him but he phased through it and threw me down to the ground. I managed to roll over and land on my feet.

"I knew I should've stretched," I mumbled, putting out a baton.

I went towards Vision and began fighting him, trying to hit him, but he kept phasing through. The times I managed to punch him it didn't do anything - I should've known, he was vibranium after all. I whacked him with my baton - which broke it. Great. I went in to attack Vision again but he got me in a headlock, restricting my breathing.

I saw Wanda visibly wince. She hated this, it was obvious.

"Clint, you can't overpower me," Vision said.

"I know I can't," I replied, my hands attempting to pull Vision's arm away from my neck. "But she can."

Wanda - as if summoned - began to gather her power, walking closer to us.

"Vision, that's enough," she told the synthezoid. "Let him go. I'm leaving."

"I can't let you," Vision replied.

Wanda used her magic to manipulate the stone in Vision's head so he let me go. I fell to the floor, gasping for breath, whilst Wanda used her powers against him.

"If you do this..." I heard Vision say. "They will never stop being afraid of you."

I was confused as to why Vision had said this, but I assumed the two had had a conversation.

"I can't control their fear," the Sokovian replied. "Only my own."

Wanda stepped forwards, finishing Vision by sending him through the floors of the compound. I stood up and stood beside the woman, seeing her expression. Finally, she stopped.

"Oh," I mumbled. "Come on, we got one more stop."

She nodded and followed me out.