3. Never

Lexa

I shot my head up as I awoke, hoping everything was just a nightmare. Hoping the Avengers taking my sister was a nightmare. Hoping we were back in Hydra - safe where we should be. I looked around the room. It was unfamiliar to me. Was it even a room? It looked more like a prison cell, with the walls being practically all glass. I saw Elise laid on a bed at the other side of the cell. She had a power dampener around her neck and was passed out. I got up and went over, shaking her roughly. When she didn't wake up, I pinched the back of her hand.

"She's sedated," a voice from outside the glass cell says. "She'll wake up in a few minutes."

I spun around. The man stood outside the cell had a quiver slung over his shoulder and a bow crossed over his body.

"What do you want from us?" I demanded.

"Information," the man replied. "Y'know, information as to why you're with Hydra, what you think they do... etcetera etcetera etcetera..."

I scoffed.

"We have nothing to tell, so there's no point!" I snarled.

"I think there is," the man replied, taking a step forward. "And you'll talk."

"Make me," I replied snarkily, crossing my arms.

I was enraged that we were being kept here, imprisoned. What right did they have? Who did they think they were?

"I won't," the man chuckled.

"What?" I asked.

He turned and began to walk away.

"Hey! Wait! What do you mean?" I shouted, banging my fist on the glass. "Who will?"

The man ignored me as I banged my fists against the glass. The glass must've been reinforced because it didn't crack at all.

"Lexa?" I heard a mumble.

Spinning around, I hushed my sister.

"Don't say my name!" I told her, going over.

"Why can't I talk to you with my mind?" Elise asked.

"Power dampener."

"Fuck."

I helped Elise sit up.

"You alright?" I asked her.

She stretched her neck to the right then put her hand to the collar, tugging at it.

"It's tight," she told me.

I leant forward and tried to loosen it, but it wouldn't give. She pushed my hand away after I accidentally pinched her skin and sighed.

"Where even are we?" she asked.

"Take a guess," I mumbled.

"Avengers place?"

"Yep."

Elise fidgeted with her fingers, sat on the bed with her legs crossed. We were in silence for a few minutes until I told her, "They're gonna interrogate us."

"They won't make us talk though," Elise said confidently.

I laughed harshly.

"I think they might," I replied.

Elise sighed.

"I knew that mission wasn't really vital. Hydra are just using us to kill people they don't like," she said bitterly.

"Hey, Elise, look at me," I told her firmly, taking her hands.

She looked at me.

"Don't tell yourself that. They looked after us for so long. Raised us."

Elise shrugged. I knew she was struggling to stay loyal to Hydra. But she couldn't leave me. I knew Hydra was doing good. Why would they raise us so nicely?

Natasha

"Anything?" Clint asked, coming into the room with his bow and arrows still.

"I got names," I replied. with a proud smirk.

"Uhuh?" Clint questioned, putting his gear in the corner of the room.

"Lexa and Elise," I told him.

"Which one's which?" Clint asked.

"Lexa's the one who was screaming at you, Elise's the one who was passed out."

Clint chuckled, coming over to stand beside me as I watched the cameras.

"They're so young," he thought out loud. "And working for Hydra?"

I shrugged.

"We don't know anything about them yet. Tony has only just told Ross that we've got them," I replied. "Hopefully he doesn't want to take them into his own custody."

"Why not?" Clint asked.

"I don't fully trust him," I answered. "Not enough to hand over two teenage girls."

Clint nodded his head with understanding.

"There's more to them than what Ross thinks," he stated. "They've probably gone through some sort of trauma or brainwashing."

"Hm," I murmured, keeping my eyes on the screen in which was recording the twins.

For a moment, we both just watched them in silence, until the door opened behind us. Both me and Clint looked over at the person entering. It was Tony.

"Well? What did Ross say?" I demanded.

"He wants us to get information from the twins," Tony replied.

Oh thank god Ross doesn't want us to give him the twins.

"I can go talk to them," I offered immediately.

"Nat, let them get used to the cell first," Clint told me, putting his arm in front of me.

"Yeah, you can go in about ten minutes," Tony agreed. "Make sure you eat first, you haven't eaten since this morning."

I sighed and nodded before walking out.