chapter eleven

something new

lee miyeon

chan chuckles as i practically stomp into his room, closing the door behind me. i send him a glare before climbing onto the edge of his bed, making sure to keep my distance. he watches me with a raised eyebrow as i cross my arms over my chest.

"can i help you?" he asks, laughing slightly.

"if we're going to do this, we need ground rules." i tell him with my newfound confidence.

"oh? you've thought about it?" he asks, placing his laptop to the side to give me his full attention.

"kind of— i don't know. either way we need rules."

"we certainly do." he smirks. i furrow my brows at him.

"um... okay..." i trail off, feeling uncomfortable under his gaze. "rule number one, this stays between you and me. whatever happens in here stays in here. and we act like normal around the guys." i state firmly. he chuckles, but nods in agreement. "rule number two, i... i don't know how much you plan on doing, but if— if we have sex. you have to wear a condom."

"obviously." he chuckles, his amused expression never faltering.

"rule number three-"

"how many rules are there?" he interrupts.

"i— i don't know? four?" i shrug.

"okay, go on." he nods.

"rule number three, we need a safe word."

"okay, how about..." he trails off, looking around his room. "red lights." he chuckles at his own suggestion.

"sure, i guess that works." i nod.

"rule number four?" he asks.

"huh?"

"you said there were four rules." he reminds me.

"oh— yeah, um... rule number four... you're not allowed to look at me like you've seen me naked or whatever." i mumble.

"doesn't that go along with rule number one?" he cocks his head to the side.

"no, it gets it's own rule so you know to really not do it." i point a finger at him. he chuckles, grabbing my wrist and putting it to my side.

"my turn." i furrow my brows.

"your turn?"

"i have some rules of my own." he nods with a slight smirk.

"oh, okay." i nod, wanting to make sure i understood and respected his boundaries just like he would do for me.

"come here." he pats his thighs.

"w-what?" i blink.

"come here." he repeats calmly.

"i—i'm good over here." i decline, shaking my head. he chuckles.

"i'm not asking." i go to decline him again, but he raises his eyebrows at me, as if warning me to not say anything. so i kept my mouth shut, quietly climbing further into the bed. but i sit down next to him, rather than on his lap like he was suggesting. but before i could protest, he lifts me by my hips, placing me down on his lap with a smile.

"chan..." i whine.

"you'll get used to it." he winks. "which brings me to my first rule." he starts, pushing a lock of hair behind my ear. "i'll go easy on you for now."

"well get on with it." i urge him, getting impatient.

"no raising your voice at me."

"what? that's the rule?" i ask, he nods. "okay, i can do that, easy." i shrug.