chapter two

it's normal

lee miyeon

"i don't get it. they were at each others throats and now they're sharing headphones." i hear minho tell jisung.

"it's cause felix is here, they play nice around felix." jisung tells him.

"will you stop talking about us like we're not right here?" chan cocks an eyebrow at them. jisung only shrugs, causing chan to roll his eyes.

"i don't like that part." i tell chan.

"huh?" he asks, rewinding the recording. the part in question plays, causing me to shake my head.

"yeah, why does it just go dead silent for like half a second?" i furrow my brows.

"oh— hang on." chan laughs, removing the earbud from his ear and pushing it into mine. i give him a side eye before he rewinds the recording again. as it plays, this time, the sound bounces back and fourth between my ears, rather than going completely silent.

"oh, okay, that's kind of cool." i admit, handing his headphone back.

"kind of?" he scoffs.

"right, sorry— oh my god, chan! you're a musical genius! this is so good!" i dramatically cling onto his bicep as i raise my voice to an unnervingly high pitch.

"here they go..." seungmin grumbles from the other couch.

"you're annoying." chan tells me, shoving me slightly, but not too much as we were connected with headphones.

"and you're needy." i retort.

"i'm not needy." he was quick to defend himself.

"then why-"

"guys, please." jeongin groans.

"we go on in five, chan you should finish putting on your clothes." minho tells him. right. he was shirtless.

"oh— i wasn't even paying attention to the time." he says, throwing his phone in my lap, shoving the other headphone back in my ear. i grimace, pulling it back out along with the other one. biting back the snarky comment that threatened to leave my lips as felix sat down beside of me.

"did you want to go ahead and get your seat? i told the manager to wait there for you so you won't have any trouble." felix explains.

"yeah, i guess i should." i nod, standing up from the couch. "chan, where do you want your phone?" i ask, removing the headphones.

"just hold onto it." he calls back, pulling his mic wires through his shirt. i roll my eyes, but stuff it into my back pocket along with the headphones regardless.

"alright, see you out there. enjoy the show, sis!" felix hugs me slightly, patting me back before pulling away.

"i always do." i smile at him, refraining from ruffling his hair as it had been styled to the tens by his stylist.

"felix, come zip me." changbin calls for him, he gives me a slight nod before heading over to help changbin.

"good luck guys!" i call out to them, leaving the room before heading to my designated seat.