chapter three

last nerve

lee miyeon

"lee miyeon i swear to— hi felix." chan smiles innocently at felix as i hide behind him.

"what did you do, miyeon?" felix laughs, turning to face me.

"why do you always think it's me that did something?" i pout.

"because you love getting on his nerves."

"yeah, i called him the big bad wolf again." i chuckle.

"that's not all you did!" chan was quick to call me out. i stick my tongue out at him, still shielding myself with felix. "felix, respectfully, i'm about to move you out of the way." chan says to him.

"i'll get myself out of here." he throws his hands up defensively as he starts to walk away from me.

"no! felix!" i whine, latching onto him.

"nope, deal with the consequences of whatever you did." he laughs, prying my hands off of him. chan smirked, but i was running away in an instant, quickly heading toward minho and jisung's shared room. only, the door didn't budge.

"minho! jisung! please!" i yell, wiggling the doorknob.

"what do you wa-"

"gotcha!" chan shouts as he lifts me from the floor. "sorry minho, go back to whatever you were doing." chan tells him, carrying me away from safety.

"put me down!" i yell.

"okay." he shrugs, dropping me instantly. i scream, expecting to hit the hard floor, but i land on the couch instead.

"jesus chan— you— no! stop!" i burst into a fit of giggles as his hands find my sides, tickling me. "stop— please!" i gasp for air, squirming and kicking.

"say you're sorry." chan mumbles, unphased as he continues his attack.

"in your— dreams— oh my god!" i tried desperately to pry his hands off of me. i wasn't gonna give him what he wanted. thankfully, the sound of someone clearing their throat was enough to stop his attack.

"oh, hey mr. kim. when did you come in?" chan asks, bashfully scratching the nape of his neck.

"just now." their manager shrugs. "miyeon." he greets me with a nod.

"mr. kim." i bow to him, standing up from the couch and smoothing out my clothes.

"so what's up?" chan asks.

"how do you feel about going to new york?" he asks.

"new york?" chan furrows his brows. "so suddenly?" the manager nods.

"there's a festival, and stray kids has been invited to perform. a last minute decision, so we decided to leave it up to you." he explains.

"well i'll— i'll have to ask the others." he nods, calmly walking off to grab all of the other boys. one by one, they enter the living room, felix plopping down next to me, chan filling in the other spot.

"how do you guys feel about going to new york?" the manager asks the question again.

"when?" jisung asks.

"the flight will leave tomorrow morning."

"tomorrow morning?" seungmin furrows his brows.

"is this for the music festival?" hyunjin asks, the manager nods.

"well— we don't even have a stage prepared." changbin reasons.

"chan? could you come up with a mix by tomorrow morning?" the manager asks. i frown at the question. he would be up all night doing something like that.