chapter one

brat

lee miyeon

"oh my god, will you put that down?" chan groans in frustration as i pick up yet another one of the many shiny objects hanging around his studio.

"why do you have so much stuff in here if you don't want anyone to touch it?" i remark, still holding the object in my hands.

"because they're nice to look at. put it down."

"but this is cool." i chuckle, starting to mess with the object. chan groans, scooting his chair over to me, yanking the object out of my hand before placing it back where it belongs. "you're no fun." i roll my eyes, sitting upright on the couch.

"i brought you here to show you a song, not for you to break my shit." he retorts.

"jeez. okay. calm down big bad wolf." i tease.

"i don't know why i'm friends with you." he rolls his eyes, typing away on his laptop.

"because i'm the only one who puts up with your shit." i smirk.

"whatever. just listen." he says, pressing play on his laptop. as the melody fills my ears, i chuckle. i shouldn't even be shocked at this point. "why are you laughing?" he frowns, pausing the song.

"another sex song? really?" i chuckle, holding a hand over my mouth.

"it's—it's not a sex song!" he defends.

"no?" i cock an eyebrow, reaching in front of him to grab the lyric sheet. his eyes widen as he quickly tries to get them from me, but i run away, quickly locking myself in the small closet.

"miyeon!" he yells, jiggling the handle.

"adrenaline, acceleration..." i read the lyrics on the sheet.

"it's about driving! of course those words are in there!" he retorts, defeatedly pressing his head against the door.

"right, right. one way emotion, satisfaction?" i question, reading another line.

"like—like a one way street." he attempts to clarify.

"a one way street to satisfaction?" i chuckle.

"i— give them back!" i chuckle as he struggles to defend his lyrics.

"baby, baby, we gon' do it day and night." i read out, still teasing him.

"that's it, i'm getting the key." he huffs. i giggle, quickly looking around for a hiding spot, luckily, there was a rather large empty box in here from his computer set up. and luckily, i could fit right in it. i laugh to myself as i close the box over top of me, listening as he stuffed the key into the hole. "give me the papers— miyeon? where the fuck did you go?" he questions, sounding genuinely baffled. i couldn't hold in the laughter. "are you-" the box opens and he looks down at me with furrowed brows.

"hi." i chuckle, waving at him.

"get out of my box." he deadpans.

"hm, i think i like it in here." i shrug, jokingly getting comfortable.

"fine." he huffs, grabbing the lyric sheets from my hands. "stay in here. i'm going to get lunch."