The Siblings Fight

Includes: sibling fight (who could've guessed 🤪), fluff/sweetness, best big brother Kai hehehe
Prompt:

"Kai, why didn't you tell me the others were in danger!? Aren't you on my side!? Why did you listen to them!?" Nya shoved her finger at Cole, Jay, Zane, Lloyd, Wu, and even Pixal who were all huddled together to the side, fearing Nya's rage

"Kai, why didn't you tell me the others were in danger!? Aren't you on my side!? Why did you listen to them!?" Nya shoved her finger at Cole, Jay, Zane, Lloyd, Wu, and even Pixal who were all huddled together to the side, fearing Nya's rage. Kai stood as tall as he ever did.

"I am on your side! That's exactly why I didn't tell you!! I knew that if you knew that the others were in danger, it would've distracted you from being able to save yourself!! That's why I lied!" Kai stepped up to her, he felt desperate to try and get her to see why he hadn't told her the truth, but he honestly felt like he was mostly trying to convince himself that what he'd done wasn't a bad thing. Nya scoffed.

"So now you admit to lying to me? How could you!? How can you just stand there and lie to me, your sister!?” Nya stepped up to Kai as well, trying to intimidate Kai into backing out of their argument, which had almost always worked before in their previous fights, but today was one of those days when it didn't. Kai drew his breath, standing even taller.

"Because that's what love is; lying to protect those you care about," Kai's voice was low and stern. Nya did a double take and so did the others, who were still only overlooking the situation, not really wanting to get involved. "You know that's all I'll ever do, right?" Kai continued when Nya didn't instantly say something back. "I'll lie every time I ever have to bring you bad news, that's just how it's always going to be, because I love you, Nya. And seeing you hurt—" Kai gulped, apparently choking up at the thought of it alone — surprising Nya even more. "You being hurt… is the most terrible thing that could be…" Kai said quietly, his shoulders slowly falling with his gaze as he spoke with finality.

The argument was over. Although Nya did open her mouth to speak, she closed it soon after and gulped down her words. She looked down as well, avoiding the sudden tension.

She wasn't going to admit it, but she actually appreciated Kai not having told her about the others’ situation. But she felt selfish for thinking that, so she acted angry at Kai, letting out her frustrations with herself, onto him. Besides, even though she hadn’t wanted to focus on anything other than fixing her powers, she still thought Kai should've told her. But this discussion had brought out a comment neither of them had said to each other in a while.

It had been a long long time since it had been just the two of them living together, and even when they were, they were either kids, who thought saying 'I love you' was corny, or teenagers, who thought it was cringe. It's not that they hadn't ever said it to each other of course, but it'd been a long time, and Nya didn't even know what to say in response, especially because of the context it came from. Would it even be ok to whisper the words back at this moment?

Nya looked back up at Kai and met his eyes, trying to read them. He wasn't mad, just frustrated, and he didn't seem to be trying to prove any point to her. Nya drew her breath quietly and blinked away her furrowed brow.

"I… I love you, too…" Nya mumbled, suddenly avoiding Kai's eyes and twirling a strand of her hair instead, surprising herself with her embarrassment. Kai's expression lightened and suddenly the angry tension dispersed into a more awkward one. What were they supposed to do now? But both Kai and Nya had forgotten: the others were still gathered in the corner. They were only reminded of their presence when Cole sniffled and Lloyd elbowed him.

"Oi! That hurt!"

"Stop crying so loudly! Cry quietly like the rest of us!" And sure enough, one quick glance proved to Kai and Nya that all of them were crying. Kai and Nya shared a glance with a smile before sighing together.

"You guys are weird," Kai said bluntly, crossing his arms.

"Says you!" Jay exclaimed after blowing his nose. Nya rolled her eyes. Somehow, in some way, the argument had been quickly disregarded, and now came an era of comments about Kai and Nya's cute sibling relationship.