Lloyd's Comfort Candy

Includes: Greenflame fluff, Lloyd angst, and an emotional breakdown solved with a pillow mint 👍

"I can't... I can't take it anymore..." Lloyd quietly sobbed to himself in the bathroom. He couldn't do it. He couldn't take the pressure and responsibility anymore. He wanted the end to come sooner... but he was so scared. He sat with his back against the bathtub, wiping his tears with the palms of his hands. He hiccoughed and more and more tears fell. He felt so stupid, so ridiculous, but he couldn't help himself. He just wanted peace.

Lloyd heard faint footsteps and he tried to stifle his sobs with his arms. The footsteps stopped, and Lloyd took that as a safe sign, he let out the cry he'd been holding in. He rubbed his eyes again but when he opened them, he realised the door was open. He looked up and saw a face.

Kai. He looked worried, but... understanding. Lloyd instantly panicked but before he could say anything he went into a fit of hiccoughing and Kai quietly stepped in and closed the door. Lloyd looked away, drying his tears again and again, desperately trying to hide as much of his sadness as he could. But then, he felt the warmth next to him and looked over to his side.

Kai sat next to him, resting one of his arms across the tops of his knees, holding something in his fist. Kai gave Lloyd a soft smile and used his free hand to wipe Lloyd's tears and tuck some of his hair behind his ear. Lloyd blinked away his surprise and embarrassment and looked at the floor. He leaned to the side until his head fell on Kai's shoulder. Kai wrapped his arm around Lloyd, pulling him closer. Lloyd sniffed and Kai used the back of his hand to stroke Lloyd's head, before bringing his hand down and revealing what he was holding. A pillow mint. Lloyd's eyes lit up and he slowly placed his own hand over the candy. But he didn't take it. He let his hand rest atop Kai's. It felt comforting. He felt his throat start to close up again, and he had to take the mint to wipe his tears with the back of his hand again. He lifted his head and slowly unwrapped the pillow mint, and placed it in his mouth. He closed his eyes and leaned back to rest his head against the bath. Kai again cleared Lloyd's face from his hair, tucking it behind his ears and wiping his tears. This time, Kai rested his own head against Lloyd, and he closed his eyes too. He found Lloyd's hand and took it.

"Everything will be ok, greenbean, I promise you, I'll make sure of it."