Fighting While Out (small)TW

TW: FIGHTING
Includes: Greenflame, fluff, and protective Kai

"Hand over the green ninja," Rose, the leader of the Enemy Red gang, spoke clearly over the top of people's cries of terror. Kai tightened his grip around Lloyd.

"Not gonna happen," Kai growled back. Rose shadowed her face, her eyes pulsed a bloody red.

"AAAAGH!" Rose charged towards Kai, who quickly swept Lloyd off of his feet and jumped out of the way. "Then you leave me no choice but to forcefully take him," She said menacingly, looking over her shoulder as she picked herself up.

"I'd like to see you try," Kai taunted her. She whipped around and jumped high into the air, raising her sabre.

They fought, clashing weapons and dodging kicks. Lloyd was barely conscious, all he knew was to hold on to Kai or else it'd be over.

Eventually, Kai faked out Rose and she fell against a wall, hitting her head, and getting herself cornered. They were both out of breath and has several cuts and bruises. Rose was starting to lose consciousness as Lloyd started to regain his.

"Kai...?" Lloyd managed to mumble. Kai looked over his shoulder where he still clutched Lloyd with his free arm.

"You alright, buddy?" Kai tucked away his katana and brought Lloyd to his side.

"I... I think so..." Lloyd held his head for a moment before steadying himself. He looked at Kai, thinking about what had just gone down. Kai had fought Rose alone and ended up far more hurt than he needed to be. Just for Lloyd.

Lloyd felt his cheeks get warm and he was suddenly far more aware of the fact he was clinging to Kai's arm like he'd topple over if he didn't. Lloyd relaxed a bit, and Kai chuckled.

"Guess we should take this princess to the others so we can figure out what to do with her, huh?" Kai let go of Lloyd, feeling that Lloyd was able to stand, and went over to the unconscious Rose. He kneeled down and studied her for a moment before slapping her. Lloyd was surprised and started giggling. Kai looked over his shoulder at Lloyd.

"Just to make sure she's really out cold, y'know?" He grinned. Lloyd's eyes met Kai's for a brief moment. Kai's eyes sparkled and so did Lloyd's. Love. The pure kind.