Lloyd's Trip 2/2

Includes: Greenflame, fluff, istg I love this fic sm

Kai couldn't wait any longer. He paced back and forth in front of the airport gate, rubbing his hands together.

"Kai, would you calm down? Lloyd's fine," Cole said from a seat, letting a popsicle drip into his mouth.

"But it's already eleven-forty-six! They said the plane would arrive at eleven-thirty!" Kai looked desperately at his friends but they only sighed in return.

"You've never been on a plane before, have you?" Jay leaned around Cole to look at Kai, who shook his head.

"When a plane arrives at the airport, it usually takes about ten minutes before everyone—"

"Uh, give him the short version, Zane," Nya interrupted him. Zane paused for a moment before looking back to Kai. "There could be at least another five to ten minutes before we see Lloyd," Kai groaned and held his head in his hands. Nya rolled her eyes and went up to him.

"Why don't you take a walk? I'll call you as soon as he's here if he comes while you're away," Nya put an arm around Kai, looking at him expectantly. Kai hesitated but sighed and turned around, stuffing his hands into his pockets.

"Wait, he's actually going on a walk?" Cole noted, sitting up straight, and watching Kai walk away. Nya shrugged.

"What can I say, little sister magic." Nya turned back to the others.

Kai went around the food court, shaking with nerves. It'd been three months since he'd seen Lloyd face-to-face. They'd facetimed and texted loads, but Koko's work trip had turned out to be a work trip for all three of them, forcing Lloyd and Garmadon to help out a lot more than expected, and so Kai and Lloyd ended up not having as much free time to chat as they had hoped. Kai was nervous about what to say, what to do, how to act; he didn't want to overreact, he didn't want to underreact, he didn't want to say something stupid accidentally, and he definitely didn't want to cry. But something was telling him that he wasn't going to have much choice.

As Kai walked down the stairs to get back to the gates, his phone blared his ringtone onto the whole stairwell. Kai stumbled with surprise but caught himself on the wall and quickly took out his phone.

"Nya?"

"He's here!" And that was all Kai needed.

He hung up the phone and jumped down through the middle of the stairwell, shocking a few onlookers, but he swung from the railing and landed, half-falling half-running towards the meeting gate around the corner.

Just before...

"Oh my god," Jay said breathlessly.

"What?" Everyone looked at Jay and then saw where he was looking.

"LLOYD!!" Lloyd quickly turned away from his mum and looked around. When he saw his friends running towards him, his smile grew ten times wider.

"Guys!" He opened his arms and caught his friends who squeezed him into a tight group hug.

"Oh Lloyd, it's been so long since we've got to see you properly!"

"Too long, mate."

"Haha, yeah, I tried my hardest to talk to you guys as much as possible but man, my mum has quite the job."

"Sweethearts! It's been a while hasn't it? I'll let you catch up with your friends, honey, but we should move ourselves to somewhere more practical." Koko stepped up to the group and they broke away from the hug, helping Lloyd and Koko with their bags and moving to an empty patch in the waiting seats.

"Oh!" Nya slid her phone out of her pocket and quickly unlocked it, starting to ring someone. Lloyd looked confused at his friends but they only smiled in return.

"He's here!" Nya suddenly shouted into the phone and grinned as whoever it was hung up.

"Who..." Lloyd was about to ask when he gave one last look around his friends.

"Kai was far too nervous to just stand around and wait so Nya told him to go for a walk," Cole explained, sharing a smug look with the others who giggled. Lloyd rolled his eyes and shook his head and was about to retort— but then he didn't care.

"LLOYD!!!" A shout came from across the airport. Lloyd spun around, saw Kai running towards him, and half-laughed as a weight seemed to lift from his chest.

"KAI!!" He started running towards him and they met in the middle. Kai picked Lloyd up and spun him around in a tight hug, the both of them laughing.

"I missed you so much..." Kai muffled his voice into Lloyd's shoulder, attempting to hide how wobbly it was from built-up stress.

"I missed you too, Kai..." Lloyd rested his head on Kai's shoulder, his nose sticking into Kai's neck which made him laugh, but it turned into a soft sob as Kai held Lloyd tighter. Lloyd sniffled along with Kai, he couldn't hold back his tears. Three months had never felt so long to them as it had while they were apart.

"I swear to god, if there's a next time, I'm coming with you." Kai half laughed and gulped down his tears.

"I'm not against that," Lloyd said with a smile.

"Kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss, kiss," They heard a soft chant from their friends, and when Kai and Lloyd let go of each other and looked at them, they noticed Nya's phone. They shared a look of amusement before both silently agreeing to listen. They leaned into each other and let their lips touch for the first time in weeks. They both had missed the feeling so much, everything else seemed to melt away and they felt light in their feet, it was like they were the only ones alive.

As they slowly came down from cloud nine, they heard cheering filled with laughter from their friends, and even some other small crowds. It was, after all, a rare sight to see the green ninja and the red ninja kissing. Kai grinned at the attention while Lloyd felt the brush of embarrassment paint his cheeks red.

"Right." Kai's voice was defiant, bringing Lloyd's attention back to him for a second before— Lloyd squealed as he felt his feet leave the ground and he suddenly realised that Kai had picked him up, bridal style. Lloyd's mouth hung open and his cheeks grew even brighter before he snapped his eyes to Kai. Kai gave him a wide grin.

"I hate you so much..." Lloyd grumbled shaking his head and hiding his face in Kai's shoulders, his hands occupied with being wrapped around Kai's neck. Kai gave him a peck on the head with a laugh as he dragged Lloyd back over to the others who were rewatching the video Nya had taken.

"I love you too, greenbean."

A Ninjago Oneshots Collectionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें