Kai and Nya's Escape TW

TW: SWEARING, ABUSE, VIOLENCE, ALCOHOL
Includes: Kai and Nya angst, my AU, and Mathew
(To those of you who know my AU, this used to be canon to it, but it no longer is, I thought I'd share this anyway though 🏃‍♀️)

"Uhm, s- sir...?" Kai quietly comes up to Mathew, who was drinking again on the sofa.

"What the fuck do you want?" Mathew asks, irritated.

"I- I just wanted... to know... Can- Can I call Lloyd?" Kai mumbles. Mathew gives him a dirty look.

"Why on earth do you think I would trust you with my phone?" He says with sarcasm, accusing Kai of having other intentions.

"I promise, it's just- just Lloyd! You'll be able to hear me!" Kai pleads.

"It's 6 pm, WHY THE FUCK DO YOU WANT TO CALL THAT FAG!?" Mathew stands up, yelling at Kai. Kai backs away, shaking.

"It's really important! For- For a school project! I just thought of something- Something that I forgot to t- tell him earlier..." Kai whispers, putting his hands together. Mathew glares at him, backing Kai against the wall. His alcoholic breath blew in Kai's face, making him turn away slightly.

"Well, you're a fucking moron for forgetting," Mathew slaps Kai. Kai winces, and slides down the wall, sure that that was Mathew's way of saying "No fucking way".

"This is the only time I'll let you use my phone, YOU HEAR ME!? Just so no one gets suspicious..." He sneered. Kai's eyes lit up.

"Really!? Thank you so much!" Kai stood up and waited for Mathew to give him the phone.

"You better make some good fucking dinner tonight, brat," Mathew took out his phone, unlocked it, and brought up the number pad. He passed Kai his phone and went back to the sofa, but continued to stare at Kai.

Kai shakily pretends to type in Lloyd's number (Lloyd was sent a phone from his mum who was overseas), but he really typed in 911. The phone started to ring and Kai placed the phone to his ear, Mathew still looking at him.

"911, where's your emergency?" The operator asks. Kai took a deep breath, remembering what he had practised during school time.

"Hey, Lloyd! It's me, Kai, I'm calling from M- Mathew's phone... I- I wanted to, uhm tell you something I forgot to tell you earlier..." Kai started, hoping on everything he had that the operator wouldn't hang up or think that this was a prank call of sorts. Nya comes out of their room, standing beside Kai.

"I'm sorry?"

"Yeah, about the project, yeah-"

"Sir, is there an emergency?" The operator interrupted.

"Yes, we already agreed on my place, 28 Canter Street," Kai said as calmly as he could with Mathew staring him down. Kai hoped that Mathew didn't suspect anything.

"Ok sir, is there someone with you preventing you from speaking to me normally?"

"Yeah yeah, of course!" Kai replied casually.

"Are they armed?"

"Well, anyway the thing I wanted to tell you was that we are gonna need glass bottles instead of plastic ones for the project! I realised that only after you left, hahaha," Kai emphasized the "glass bottles" part, hoping that the operator would catch on that Mathew had plenty of bottles to throw at him and Nya.

"Is the person armed with a glass bottle, sir?"

"Mhm, yeah," Kai answered quickly.

"Ok, the police will be there in just a few minutes, can you stay on the line?"