Yes to the dress | 038

- A U R E L I A -
3 weeks later..

"Baby, you're coming with me to meet Tara today, right?" I ask Billie. "Of course. I can't wait to meet her." Billie smiles. "You talk about her a lot and she seems nice."

"She's the sweetest." I say. "I'm excited to see what dress she picks out." She says. "Me too." I agree, nodding my head.

"I'm excited to see you in your cap and gown, too." She adds. "I don't graduate for, like, 2 more months." I laugh. "Okay, but you get the point." She rolls her eyes.

"The way I'm gonna give you the best head of your life on the day you graduate. Like, full on t-"

"Spare me the details." I say. "You act like you don't want it, but you know you do." She smirks. "Shut up." I feel my face heat up and I smile bashfully. "You're not denying it." She sings teasingly. "Just leave me alone, dumbass." I giggle.

"Don't tell me what to do." Billie smirks. "I won't because you get horny when I'm bossy." I roll my eyes. "Damn right." She winks. "Just get in the damn car already, Eilish." I groan. "Yes, ma'am." She says with a smug smile.

The two of us walk out to my car and get in. Billie puts her hand on my thigh, the way she always does when either of us drive, and I start driving to the bridal shop where we're meeting Tara.

"Should I propose to you while we're there and you can pick out your dress?" Billie jokes. "We've been dating for not even two months, slow down." I laugh softly. "Aw, you don't wanna marry me, Rae-Rae?" She pouts. "You know damn well that I want to marry you, just not yet, baby." I tell her. "We've got time."

"I know, I'm just playing with you, mama." She chuckles. Billie leans over and kisses my cheek, making me smile widely. "I love you."

"I love you too, my love." She grins. "Rae, I can't even tell you how lucky I am to have you. You seriously make me so fucking happy."

"You're the best girlfriend I could ever ask for. I didn't know what I was missing before, but I know now that it was you."

"Bil, quit it, you're gonna make me cry." I groan, blinking back a tear. "It's just the truth." She shrugs. "I love you, B. You make my life so much better and you make me better." I tell her.

"I feel the same way, baby." She agrees. "Thank you for helping me in the hardest time of my life when no one else did." I whisper softly, interlocking our fingers. "I'd do anything for you, Aurelia, you know that?" She says and I nod my head.

"I'm always gonna be here for you no matter what. You deserved better, and you got better." She smiles. "You're right. I got me a cute ass girlfriend who treats me like an actual person and not a punching bag." I laugh. "Aurelia, don't joke about that!" She chuckles. "What? It's just how it cope!" I shrug.

"Yeah, whatever helps you." She rolls her eyes playfully. "At least you don't have that damn man child anywhere near you anymore. Dude is in an enclosure."

"No way you just said that." I laugh hardly. "I'm just being honest!" She puts her hands up in surrender. "Yeah, okay." I chuckle, rolling my eyes.

I mean, can you blame me for saying that? Dark humor is the best coping mechanism.

✧˖°