Don't say that word | 007

- A U R E L I A -

"Hey, Bil, can I call you back later? I'm with my boyfriend right now." I say to Billie over the phone since she called me. "Oh, you're with Lorenzo?" She asks. "Yeah, I am." I tell her. "Oh. Yeah, whatever." She sighs and hangs up.

I don't know why she's being like this.

"Aurelia, we need to talk." Lorenzo says. "What is it, baby?" I ask. "I want you to distance yourself from Millie." He says. "It's Billie." I correct him. "Are you giving me attitude, Aurelia?" He cocks an eyebrow. "No, babe, I was just telling you her name is Billie.." I say quietly. "Good. Now like I was saying before you interrupted me, distance yourself from Lillie." He grumbles.

God, Billie isn't that hard of a name to remember.

"Why should I do that?" I ask. "Don't talk back to me, you heard what I said." He scolds me. "You're not my fucking dad, Lorenzo. You can't decide who I'm friends with." I argue. "Aurelia, I'm not saying it again. Get away from that dyke!" He exclaims.

Oh hell no. I don't even think Billie likes girls.. or does she? I can't remember. "Lorenzo, you can't say that! It's not okay." I shake my head. "I can and I will. Dyke, dyke, dyke." He says smugly. "You need to leave." I say. "Aurelia, I'm simply telling you that you should stay away from her. She's a fag and she's all over you, anyone can see that." He scoffs. "Enzo, stop! You can't say those words." I tell him. "Are you gonna listen to me or no?" He grabs my jaw and makes me look straight at him. "I said yes or no, Aurelia." He scowls. "I-I'll listen." I nod frantically.

"Good. Now stay away from that dyke, understood?" He says. "Lorenzo, please stop saying that word." I feel tears start building up in my eyes. "Get over it." He rolls his eyes. "Get out, Lorenzo!" I say. "Nope." He sits back and crosses his arms. "I'll kick your ass out of here." I warn. "Alright, go ahead and try." He laughs since he knows there's no way I can actually do that.

"Fine, I'll call Billie then." I smirk. I go on my phone, but he slaps it out of my hands. "No, you won't." He clenches his jaw. "What the fuck is wrong with you? Get out!" I exclaim. "You know what? Text me when you've come to your senses and realized that you're being so fucking dramatic right now." He scoffs and walks out of my dorm room.

Tears start running down my face. He's never like this. He's been so different recently. He's probably just.. stressed.

I pick my phone off of the floor and call Billie. "What do you want, Aurelia?" She sighs once she picks up. "C-can I.. um, come over?" I sniffle. "Oh, love, what's wrong?" She asks. "Lorenzo.. h-he..." I start to cry even harder. "Come over right now." She says. "Okay." I say quietly before hanging up.

I grab my keys and go down to the parking lot. I start driving over to Billie's house quickly. Once I get there, I go to knock, but the door opens before my fist can even touch it. "Come here, Rae." Billie pulls me in for a hug. "I thought you were mad at me.." I say in her arms. "No, love, not at all." She shakes her head and shuts the front door, bringing me to the living room. We sit down on the couch and she wraps her arm around me. "What did he do to you?" She asks. "He kept... he kept calling you bad things." I sniffle. "Like what?" Her eyebrows furrow.

"I can't say them." I shake my head. "Oh, slurs, huh?" She says and I nod. "He said I was being dramatic just for asking him to stop calling you that." I sigh. "He hasn't been the same recently, I don't know what's up with him. He might be stressed with school or football or so-"