My spot | 003

- A U R E L I A -

"Yeah, baby, I'll call you later. I promise." I say to my boyfriend on the phone. "I was hoping I could see you tonight." Lorenzo tells me. "I'll have to see what I'm doing, I have to study and stuff tonight." I say.

"Babe, you have good grades already, you'll be fine." He chuckles. "I know, Enzo, but you know how seriously I take school." I shrug.

I hear a sigh and I look to the left to Billie, subtly rolling her eyes. We've been hanging out a lot lately and right now, she's in my dorm room while we hang out. I had to sneak her in because if people know she's here, my room is gonna become a meet and greet.

"Sorry," I mouth to Billie. "It's fine." She whispers.

"Alright, it's fine. Just text me if you change your mind. I love you, Rae." Lorenzo says.

"I love you too. Bye, baby." I say before hanging up the call. "Sorry about that." I say to Billie.

"Don't worry about it. You got priorities and shit." She laughs. "Alright, what do you wanna do now?" I ask her. "I don't know. Maybe I should go since you said you have studying to do.. right?" She says.

"No, it's fine, it's still early. Plus, you can stay here even while I'm studying, I don't mind." I tell her. "Yeah?" She asks and I nod. "Okay." She smiles.

"Um, so what did your boyfriend ask about?" She asks. "If you don't mind me asking, of course!" She adds quickly. "You're good," I laugh. "He said he wanted to see me tonight, but I told him maybe, but it's probably gonna be a no because I'm with you." I smile softly at her.

"Oh, Rae, you didn't.. have to do that." She laughs, sounding nervous which makes me confused, but I brush it off.

"It's fine, honestly." I assure her. "I'm low-key mad at him right now, anyways, because he's stood me up like, 2 times this week, but it's fine." I shrug.

"Damn, I'm sorry. You deserve better than that." Billie says with a frown. "Don't worry about it. I mean, I get it, he's busy with football practice and shit." I laugh. "Oh, yeah." She nods.

"So he's a football player?" She asks. "Yeah, he's a quarterback." I tell her. "What a cliché." She giggles. "Yeah, I know." I chuckle. "I just kind of wish he had more time for me, you know? Like, I get he's busy a lot, but I normally always make time for him whenever he wants to see me. We literally both live on campus, yet we don't see each other often." I roll my eyes.

"I'm sorry, that sucks. I feel like no matter what, you should always try to get in a least some time with whoever you're dating, right?" She says and I nod in agreement. "It's annoying, honestly, but I'll get over it." I shrug. "Don't worry, I'll be your part time girlfriend." She jokes with a smirk.

So far what I've learned about Billie is that she's very flirty, but I think she's just like that in general.

"I'm literally straight as a ruler, bro." I laugh. "That's what I said when I was younger, but now it's not the same." She shrugs. "Shit probably would've been different if I wasn't raised the way I was, to be honest." I tell her.

"Why? Is your family homophobic?" She furrows her eyebrows. "I mean.. kind of. My older sister's lesbian, though, but my family somewhat supports her, but they also shit talk her a lot just because she has a girlfriend." I roll my eyes at my family's ignorance.