Closure | 034

- A U R E L I A -

Ever since Lorenzo got arrested, I've felt a lot of gratitude, but I've also been thinking a lot.

This abuse lasted much longer than it should've and for him, it was just a random, normal day of the week that he probably won't even remember in a year, but for me, this is something I'm going to be stuck with for the rest of my life.

He gave me what will probably be a lifetime of trauma, and he's not even sorry about it.

I don't know if he ever will be.

I don't get how he could do the things he did so easily. I can't comprehend how he—let alone anyone—could hurt someone like that.

Things just don't make sense sometimes.

The one thing that only makes sense to me right now is Billie.

Recently, I've just been going to classes like normal, but sleeping at her house instead of my dorm.

She's really the only person who makes me happy as of lately.

Gigi too, of course.

I haven't told any of my family about what's going on because I don't talk to my parents a lot. I only talk to my sister whenever I can because she's busy a lot, but I know for sure that she'd be supportive.

"Rae, you good?"

I look over at Billie and nod my head. "Yeah, I just zoned out, sorry." I shrug.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Billie asks. "I'm fine, B." I smile. "Okay." She nods her head.

"Bil, do you think you could maybe drive me somewhere?"

"Sure, where?" She asks.

"To see Lorenzo."

"You want to see him..?" Her eyes widen. "I want to tell him how much of an asshole he is, then show him that I'm doing good." I say.

I might not be doing good, but I'm better than how I was when he was hurting me.

"Alright, I'll take it." She laughs. "When do you wanna go?" She questions. "Could we leave in a few minutes?" I ask.

"Of course."

✧˖°

"You ready?" Billie asks me. "Yup." I nod my head. "C'mon, baby." She smiles and grabs my hand, leading me outside to the car.

She calls me that all the time now, but I still can't get over the way it makes me feel.

When Lorenzo called me that, it was just.. okay, but when Billie calls me that, my heart races so fast that I feel like I'm gonna have a heart attack.

I honestly didn't know it was possible to feel this way.

We get into the car and Billie starts driving. She interlocks our fingers, resting our hands on the center console. "How are doing?"

"I'm a little nervous, but otherwise, I'm good." I shrug. "Do you think you're gonna be okay?" She asks. "I don't know." I say. "Do you want me to come in with you?"