Party | 001

- A U R E L I A -

"Rae, it's time to wake up." My best friend, Gigi, shakes me. "How did you even get in here?" I ask, rubbing my eyes. "You gave me a spare key, remember?" She reminds me.

"Oh, whatever, get out of my dorm." I order. "No, let's go out and do something. It's the weekend and we don't have classes today, so let's go!" Gigi urges.

"You're already dragging me to this party tonight, isn't that enough?" I roll my eyes. "Aurelia, you're my best friend, come on." She frowns.

"Fine. I'll meet you at my car in 20 minutes. I gotta get ready." I tell her. "Okay, love you!" She smiles and walks to the door. "Love you too, Gigi." I laugh.

Gigi and I met at church when we were younger and we've been inseparable ever since. At the ripe age of 9, we both decided we were gonna go to UCLA together for college which is what we ended up doing. We're both juniors in college and living away from my parents has honestly been the best.

My parents were super strict and still are. They raised me to be Catholic, gave me way too many rules and it was like I was a prisoner living in their house. When my older sister, Tara, moved out, it got even worse because it was just me on my own.

My family is low-key homophobic besides Tara, but I think it's stupid. People should be able to love whoever they want. When Tara came out as lesbian, my parents and the rest of my family rarely ever talked to her. They sort of accepted it, but they still make rude comments and remarks about it.

As for me, I'm straight and I have a boyfriend of over a year. His name is Lorenzo and he's a sweetheart.. most of the time. He's like one of the most popular guys at UCLA and he lives in a frat house and everything, but I don't mind it that much.

He parties a lot, but it's not my favorite thing to do, to be honest. I'm pretty kept to myself and I mostly focus on my grades and studying, rather than having fun and getting drunk like most people at my school do.

Tonight, Gigi is having a party at her apartment that's across from campus and I'm going because she begged me to. She said one of her friends is apparently bringing a celebrity that's their friend to the party, but it's probably just like.. a wannabe rapper or some shit.

I get up and walk to my bathroom to quickly get dressed and do my makeup to go out to where Gigi wants to go.

She literally loves going out, but I hate it, honestly.

˗ˏˋ ★ ˎˊ˗
Later that night..

"Rae, you look so pretty!" Gigi says once I walk inside her apartment. She asked me to come over before everyone else came for the party so I could help her set up, which I of course said yes to.

"Thank you, G." I smile. "I'm surprised you didn't bring Enzo with you." She giggles. "He was running the frat party tonight." I shrug.

"Ew, I'm scared of straight men." She grimaces, making me laugh. "Lorenzo isn't a bad guy, you know that. He just hangs out with bad people and dumbasses." I scoff.

"That's true. Doesn't he literally have multiple friends named Chad? Like, that says something." She fake gags. "Gigi, stop!" I laugh.

"Alright, alright." She stops laughing. "Will you help me put the snacks and drinks out? Pretty much everything else is done, I just have to do that." She tells me. "Yeah, sure." I nod with a small smile.