Falling | 030

- A U R E L I A -

The past few days have been hell for me.

Lorenzo's abuse is getting worse and I've tried to get away so many times, but he makes it so hard.

I want to break up with him, but I'm terrified of what he'll do. I can't even walk around campus by myself without being worried he'll corner me and hit me.

Gigi's been walking to all of my classes with me and bringing her taser just incase she 'has to tase him in the balls.'

Her words, not mine.

She's definitely.. special.

As for Billie, I haven't seen her much, but we've been texting. She keeps telling me she'll handle things with Lorenzo, but I think the only thing stopping her is someone finding out and getting her reputation ruined.

You know how fame can be.

Honestly, finding out I like girls, well, at least a girl, has been so stressful. I get so worried about what other people think and overthink everything so much, when I all I want to do is be with Billie.

A knock at the door snaps me out of my thoughts and I get up to see who it is.

I look through the peephole just to make sure it's not Lorenzo and I'm automatically relieved when I see that it's Gigi.

"Hi, babe." Gigi smiles and walks in. The two of us sit on my bed and she looks at me with sad eyes. "Rae.." She sighs, pulling up my sleeve.

I've been wearing sleeves more because of the bruises.

"It's fine." I shrug. "Aurelia, it's not fine. This isn't okay and you know it." She narrows her eyes. "Is that new?" She asks, pointing to a bruise on my cheek. "No, I've been covering it with makeup." I tell her.

"You shouldn't have to do this. No one should. I don't get why you can't just break up with him."

"You know I can't. It's not that easy to get out of a toxic relationship." I sigh.

"Rae, you realize this is DV and he could get arrested for this, right?" Gigi raises an eyebrow.

"DV..?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"You poor thing." She sighs and hugs me, making me more confused. "Domestic violence." She tells me.

Oh.

"He can get arrested for that?" I ask. "Yup." She nods. "I don't want to get him in trouble. Everyone will find out and some people will treat me like a charity case and some others will find it hilarious." I shake my head.

"I know, that's sadly just how it is, but it shouldn't have to be. Lorenzo deserves to get in trouble, Rae."

"I know.." I sigh.

"We're gonna figure this out, okay?"

"Okay." I nod.

I just hope that'll really happen.

˚ ʚɞ ˚
iMessage