Chapter 4 ♡

──────

∘₊✧──────✧₊∘

──────

"I thought that production of this was banned long time ago", Angel gasped out, causing Raven to sigh.

"It was I guess illegal distribution has started again", she looked more troubled than anyone in the room.

The Devil's Breathe was a deadly drug. The type that only needed a whiff to have a person intoxicated enough to be controlled like a robot. Given in large amounts? Dangerous enough to kill.

Boss sighed and slammed the files onto the desk.

"You are dismissed, I have interrogating to do. It might help with whoever's doing this. Take a good sleep you might need it", He looked scary as he made his way outside, jaw clenched.

Christopher drove the car onto their way home and Angel immediately took a shower.

This was dangerous what was happening, it could connect to so many scandalous acts considering they had no clue about what kind of human-trafficking was happening alongside and with the Italian's involved this would be harder than ever.

~

Chan opened his eyes sleepily, and seeing the lights outside open, he frowned.

Making his way outside he saw Kiara, sitting on the sofa, apparently unable to sleep. She was used to having sleepless nights, it wasn't anything new to her, but Chan didn't always let her stay up.

"Please Kia get some sleep we have a long day ahead", he pleaded as he sat down beside her. Kiara only sighed in response.

He put an arm around her shoulder and pulled her close to his chest. "Talk to me", he mumbled as they  comfortably sat on the couch in silence.

"Nightmares, again", Kiara murmured back lightly, causing him to sigh once again. Till when would these monsters of the past haunt her?

Chan didn't want to pressure her into talking if she didn't feel like it. So he only began stroking her hair softly, and in few minutes she had fallen asleep, arms wrapped around Chan.

He gently moved her and managed to carry her to her bed, but before he could go he heard her mumble indistinguishable words under her breathe sleepily.

Deciding she might wake up again he decided to just sleep beside her, pressing a soft kiss to her forehead and smiling gently, before closing his eyes.