Chapter 75: Night on the Road

Ruby's POV 

"I'm finally back from Vale." 
I said to myself as I walked through the gates of the school, holding a bag of cookies. 

"Love that owner in Vale. He made a fresh batch just for me." 
I said, smiling as I hugged the bag tightly. 

"Hopefully Ms Goodwitch doesn't catch me out here." 
I thought to myself as I continued through the school yard and towards the dorms. 

???: Why are you hiding this from him? 
I heard a mutter before turning to my right side to see Blake and Sun. 

"Why are they out here?" 
I asked before dashing to the closest corner. 

Blake: I'm not ready yet Sun. 
She said, turning away from him as I saw her holding something in her hand. 

Sun: Then why come to me instead of the nurses here? 
He asked, leaning on a pillar. 

Blake: Because you're a faunas....
I heard her voice tremble as thoughts of confusion ran through my head. 

"Why are the two talking to each other?" 

"Why is Blake out here with Sun?" 

Sun: Still doesn't make sense why come to me of all people. I mean, shouldn't you tell Y/N about this whole thing? 

Blake: But he's not here. 
She muttered with a hint of sadness as I slowly peaked around the corner. Seeing Blake turned away from Sun with her hand on stomach. 

Sun: You'll have to tell him Blake. He's your boyfriend. I'm just a student that happens to be a faunas here. 

Blake: He'll know when he gets back. 

Pyrrha's POV 

Amber: This feels nice. 
She said as I nodded at her with a small smile. Her small figure covered by a towel as she sat across from me. The room's dim light bouncing off of her dark skin. 

"It's better than sleeping out there in the woods." 
I replied as she nodded. 

Amber: Villages with saunas like these are always great. Especially for a up-coming huntress like you. 
She said as I slowly nodded. 

Amber: Well, there is a chance at everything in life. 

"Do you often travel to Mistral by foot?" 

Amber: Yes. Always on foot. 

"Why? Why not take a bullhead instead of by horse?" 

Amber: It's easier to by foot. And it's peaceful. 

"Y/N said the same thing."
I said as I saw her peaceful eyes suddenly engulfed in rage. Flames flickering within her eyes as she glared at me. 

Amber: I'm not surprised. 
She said with hints of anger.

"Do you have two have something going on between each other?" 
I asked her as she shook her head, staring at me with her flickering eyes. 

Amber: No. We just happen to come across each other frequently on our trips. Enough about me, how about you? 

"What about me?" 

Amber: How about I ask about you and Y/N. What's your relationship with him? 

To Y/N 

Y/N: Looks like I've found it. 
He thought to himself as he stood at an entrance of a large cave. His E/C eyes staring down into the dark cave as rain slowly ran down his face. 

Y/N: Never thought I'd come back here. 
He thought to himself as he walked into the dark cave. His demonic arm slowly lighting up the dark cave as he went in deeper. 

Y/N: If things haven't changed, they'll still be here. 
He thought to himself before seeing a group of 5 people in black robes. A group of four standing around the other with his hands clasped together. 

???: Has the mistress blessed us with one of her generals? 
A raspy voice asked as the others turned towards him. Their dark orbs looking at him as he slowly approached them. His 

???: Have you come to witness the mistress's return? 
A raspy voice asked as Y/N nodded silently, staring at them blankly as the two figures stepped to the side. Their arms pointing to a cave deeper within as Y/N walked past them. Their eyes staring upon the young swordsman as he walked in. 

Y/N's POV 

"Why am I indulging their fantasy."
I thought to myself as I walked into the cave. Seeing nothing but the darkness within as I felt the cold air surround me. 

???: Y/n...
I heard her motherly voice as I grit my teeth. 

???: Y/N... 
She called out once more as I slowly turned around towards her. Seeing her black robes, red eyes, and pale skin littered with black veins as she sat in a chair. Her arms on the armrest as she stared at me. Her red eyes staring at me with dulled red eyes. 

"Mother." 
I called back as she looked at me with a somber expression. 

Salem: Have you come back? 
She asked as I felt her cold hand cup my cheek. 

Salem: Come home Y/N. You have nowhere to be but here. 

Salem: There is nowhere out there who cares or loves you. There is only me. 
She said as I felt her finger rub against my cheek, seeing her red eyes staring at me. 

SHANK 

I saw her eyes widen as she stumbled back. Her hand covering her wound in her gut as I stared at her. 

"The 'mother' I knew wouldn't be freaking out about a fatal wound like that." 
I said as she stumbled into her chair. 

Salem: D-Damn you.
She cursed, her voice now different from before the surrounding suddenly changed around us. Her appearance slowly withering away to reveal a cultist in black and red robes. 

"Of course. Nothing but a mere illusion." 

???: Heretic. You'll pay with your blood for tainting this temple! 
A masculine voice called out as I grabbed Red Queen. 

"Who would have thought I'd be tearing down my own work." 

Here is chapter 75 of Who the Monsters are! Hoped you all enjoyed this chapter! What do you all think so far?