Chapter 19

Elara's pov

I woke up to the sun shining in. I slowly opened my eyes and Cain was still sleeping. I got up and went to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and washed my face. I brushed my hair and tied it in a high pony. "I wanna go for a run." Shuri said.

I made my way outside and behind a tree. I hid my clothes and shifted. I walked out from my hidding spot and stretched my legs. I yawn but it sounded like a harmless roar. I walked around to the house back of the house and saw Jaxon training the warriors. They spotted me and cheered.

Jaxon turned around and smiled when he realised it was me. I walked into the forest and then took off in a run. I jumped on the trees and clombed to the top. I poked my head out and saw a hill. I climbed the hill and looked at the view. It was the house. I could see everything from up here. "This is a view to be cherished." Shuri said.

Thats true. Its amazing. I said. I watched as everyone went on with their day. I saw Cain walk out and towards Jaxon. Probably looking for me. Time to gead back before he worries. I said. I was about to jump off and head back when I saw two cars and three buses head towards the house.

I growled. Who is this? They headed to the frknt of the house and so did I. I ran as fast as I could and I got back the same time as the buses came ro a stop. I saw Cain was standing in front of the house with his faimly and Jaxon. The entire pack seemed to be behind him.

A man got out of the car and I walked pass him. He watched me as I walked to Cain's side. I didnt growl but I didnt break eye contact. I felt a hand on my side and it was Cain. "Its okay. They are here to help." He said. "Welcome Alpha Danté and the silver star pack." Cain anniunced as everyone got out of the vehicles.

Another pack. Why? I had some questions but kept quiet. I dont trust them yet but it seems that Cain trusts them. "My pack and I have made rooms for each of you to stay in. We are thankful that you agreed to help us protect our pack." Cain said.

The alpha walked towards Cain and on instinct I let out a low growl. Cain stood in front if me and calmed me down. "Elara. They wont hurt you." He said. I stopped growling and Cain turned to the alpha. "Sorry Alpha Danté. She us friendly I promise. She just has a bad padt with alphas." Cain said.

"Its okay. Its your luna right. She is magnificent. She is protective." Alpha Danté said. "We are more than happy to help. We also had cases where hunters almost found our home and vampires are starting to attack again. When you said you have trouble with another alpha, I didnt hesitate to help." Danté said.

Their here to protect me. I was about to speak but stopped myself. "Thank you. Please if Elara seems mean towards you, dont take it to heart. She has trust issues." Cain said. He wasn't wrong but they should be more worried if Shuri doesnt like them.

A woman with white hair stood next to Danté. Her scent was weird. She smelled like...a cat. I looked at her eyes and they were a dark blue. She looked at me and we just stared at each other while Cain was speaking. "She is a white tiger. She is like us but she controls ice and snow." Shuri said.

Can we trust them? I asked. Shuri seemed happy. The tiger smiled at me.

"Ofcourse. She is like us. If she is with them then we can trust them." Shuri said.

Cain was still talking but I was eager to know this white tiger. She didnt break eye contact once. She seemed to have been speaking with her tiger. "Whats your name?" I finally spoke. Everyone grew quiet and I walked closer to the tiger. She smiled and took a step forward.

"I am Aria Queens. Luna of Silver star. White tiger but Im sure you figured that out already." She said. I smiled. She was sweet.

"Elara. Its nice to meet you." I said. I looked at Cain and he smiled. "I like her." I said and Aria gigled. I ran to the tree and shifted back. I got dressed and walked out. Our pack helped the other pack and Aria walked with me.

"So, my tiger Opal says your panther has a poison bite. Is that true?" She asked.

"Yes and my panther Shuri said you can control ice and snow." I stated. She nodded and made and ice gem in her hands. I looked at it amazed. "Cool." I said. We ended up talking non stop about each other. I showed her around the house and then we went outside.

"Did you know if us cat shifter turn then our clothes dont rip." Aria said. I looked at he shocked.

"Shuri you lied to me." I said and they both laughed. I sighed and shook my head. "Shuri is protective but she alsodoesnt tell me things." I said.

"Maybe she does it to protect you. This though, was probably for fun." Aria said and laughed. Cain and Danté walked towards us and they put their arms around us.

"Hows my girl doing? Having fun with the other kitty?" Danté asked Aria. She smiled and nodded.

"I actually wanna race you Elara. See who is faster." Aria said.

"Your on." I said. The boys laughed and we got ready. We shifted and Aria was beautiful. Her white fur and black strips and she was the same height as me. I was thinner but I think her fur is more poofy than mine.

"Okay kitties. Your gonna run to the hill over there. First one to get back wins." Jaxon said. We got ready. "On your mark." I was ready to run. "Get set." Aria looked excited. "GO!"

We took off. Aria was fast but not faster than me. We were running the same speed. I was almost a head of her but she picked up speed. I jumped into the trees and she looked shocked. I fadt on the ground but faster in the trees.

I took off but to my surprise, Aria was keeping up. "Ready to give up?" I asked as we reached the hill and made a u-turn.

"No way in hell." She yelled and we raced back. We were almost at the house when I smelled something. A wolf. Not just any wolf. Brandon and a few of his friends. They were gonna attack Aria. I slowed down and let Aria run ahead. When Brandkn was gonna attack I jumped on him.

Aria stopped. The others came out of their hidding spots and attacked. Aria joined in the fight. We were winning but then a vampire showed up. "They're working with the vampires." Aria said. The vampire attacked Aria. I was about to hell he when Brandon bit down kn my neck.

I let out a loud roar in pain. Now Im mad. I spun around and bit his tail. I got him off my back and bit down on his neck. Aria roared. And I pushed pass the others to help her. It got cold and knew she used her powers. The vampire had her and I pounced on him. Just then our mates and pack members came running. They were all in their wolf form.

The vampire pushed me off and ran off. The wolves managed to escape but Brandon was dead. My neck hurt. I looked at Aria and she was bleeding by her legs. Atleast she wasnt hurt badly. I almost fell over but Cain held me up. We all walked back together. The others stood around us to protect us. My eyes stayed on Aria. I hope it was just her legs that were bleeding.