Chapter 8

Cain's pov

I left the room while Jaxon had Elara distracted. I walked outside to take care of our specual guest we had. "I want four to the north and three to the south east. Ill go from behind." I said. We all went our separate ways. I undressed and shufted into my wolf. I ran to the north west and crept along the edge of my territory. I quielty moved with the grass and was careful not to step on anything.

I didnt Elara to know what was happening an md have her get another panic attack like last time. I spotted out guest and looked how many there were. One, five, seven. One right in front. They were splitting but stayed close together. They crept into the direction of the wolves I sent out.

They didnt attack until I made the first move. I looked at their weapons on them. They were all holding crossbows that were probably covered in wolfsbane. I spotted guns on their belts and blades of silver hidden in a secret pocket on the boot.

I linked everyone what I saw and they waited for the go signal. I quietly jumped down from the small hill I was on and crept up to the one closes to me. I was four feet away when I heard a twig snap. I stopped moving and everyone looked to the front. "What was that?" I asled through the mindlink.

"We dont know." Haley replied. Haley was one of the best warriors I had. I peaked from my spot and saw something I wish didnt happen. Haley's little sister ran out chasing a butterfly. She froze when she saw the hunters.

"Hello little girl. What you doing out here all alone?" One of the hunters asked. I heard someone growl and Haley crept out from behind the trees. Showing her ten foot brown wolf. The hunters pointed their weapons at her and I leaped into action. I bit down into one of the hunters and the rest of my troops joined in.

Haley stood over her sister as protection from the hunters while the rest of us fought. Two of them ran off and the rest were gone. I hated the taste of blood. I went behind a tree and shifted back. I put my clothes on and walked out. Haley was holding her sister who was crying. "May, why are yoy out here alone. Your supposed to stay with your parents." I said. She just sobbed. I sighed. "Dont worry. Your safe. Take her home Haley." I ordered and Haley took her sister home.

I went back to the house and walked in. I hope Jaxon kept Elara distracted. Hopefully their still playing games. "Alpha." I turned to see Abigail. She was wearing a short dress that stopped mid thigh. Here we go again. "How do I look?" She asked. Abigail has been trying to get with me since I was seventeen.

"You look fine." I said and was about to walk away. She grabbed my hand and stepped closer to me. Im going to kill this bitch.

"Dont I look more than fine?" She asked. I opened my mouth to say something but she kissed me. I tried to pull back but she held me close. I heard a loud growl and I look to see Elara. Her eyes were a light shade of green and the blavk in her eyes looked like a cats eye. The next thing I knew, Abigail was gone. I looked to see Elara holding Abigail against the wall holding her by the throat. When did she get here?

The smell of blood hit my nose and I saw Abigail bleed. "Elara!" I called out but it looked like she wasnt listening. Abigail was struggling to breathe and Elara was just standing there. I rushed over and pulled Elara away from Abigail. I looked at Elara but her eyes were glued to Abigail. "Elara snap out of it." I said but nothing happened.

Elara growled and kept her eyes on Abigail. Abigail looked to scared to move. I covered Elara's eyes with my hand and held her back. "Abigail leave!" I said using my alpha voice. She ran out of the room and Elara tried to get out of my grip but failed. "Baby calm down." I said. She didnt calm down. She broke loose and turned to me.

"What the fuck is wrong with you? You have a mate but you fucking kiss her!" Elara growled. Thats when I felt it. That same power radiating off of her like before only more stronger. It would be intimidating for others but not to me.

"I can explain. She kissed me. I tried to push her away but she held onto me tight." I said but she just growled. It almost sounded like she was gonna roar.

"Im gonna kill her!" She growl and headed in the direction Abigail ran in. I rushed in front of her and hugged her. "Let me go!" She growled but I held her tight.

"I will deal with her but you need to calm down." I said. She finally looked at me and her eyes went back to their dark green colour. Elara looked at me then collapsed. "Elara!" I called out but she paased out. I picked her up bridal style and carried her to my room. I layed her on the bed and Jaxon walked in.

I gestured for him to be quiet and he walked back out. I followed after and closed the door. "My office. Now." I said. We walked into my office and Jaxon closed the door behind him. I sat by my desk and leaned into my chair.

"What happened dude?" Jaxon asked. He looked a bit nervous.

"Elara sas Abigail kiss me and tried to kill her." I said. Jaxon growled but also seemed impressed.

"Our luna is protective. Thats a good thing." Jaxon said.

"I want Abigail to helo the twins with their punishment. Hers is to do whatever the twins want." I said. If it was up to Elara she would kill her immediately. I had to keep her away from Abigail for now.

"On it. Anything else?" Jaxon asked as he walked to the door. Was there anything else. Yes there was.

"Send someone to the blood cove pack." I pulled out the crumpled up letter and gave it to Jaxon. "Tell them to ask about the letter and try to get answers about Elara too." I said. Jaxon took the letter and read it. I heard the low growl he made. He looked up at me.

"I'll do it myself. Ill be back in two days." Jaxon said and left my office. I leaned forward and read some of the documents in front of me. Then a question popped into my mind. Is Elara a wolf?