Chapter 17

"How can he rule the wolf kingdom? It will take a miracle to do that." Cain said. Anne looked at me and I instantly knew.

"He wants to use me. Im not that strong." I said. She pulled out a book and gave it to Cain. She opened it on a page and Cain read it. He looked shocked when he read it. "What does it say?" I asked. I walked over to the table and read the book. When I saw the picture of a black panther I read the info. Poiskn in their bite. Strong enough to kill an entire pack.

"He is going to use you to kill Cain and anyone who defies him." She said. I growled. He was going to use me. That bastard is going to use me.

"He wont get to her. I'll make sure of that." Cain said. I stepped closer to Anne.

"Why are you helping us?" I asked. She sighed before she spoke.

"He has a file on your parents. I felt bad for the way he treated you. We even fought about it and he left the house that night. I just want you to live a happy life. My life became a nughtmare and my daughter turned out to be just like him." She said.

They fought. The night he raped me. I let out a low growl. "Go back. Pretend you never came here. Get that file and your life will be spared. But that pack is going to die." I sadi. She nodded and left.

Rage. Thats all I felt. The information on my family was there all the time. I felt frustrated and angry. I need fresh air. I walked out of the house and outside. I found Bella sulking on the stairs. I sat next to her and she didnt even look at me.

"Im sorry about Cole but I can tell you this. He is strong and smart. Luke wont keep him there for long." I said. She looked at me and I gave her a hug. "I want to stretch my legs. Wanna join me?" I asked.

"Sure." She said. We went bihind the trees and shifted after we undessed and hud our clothes. We ran and it felt so relaxing. Bella still looked a bit worried. I thought maybe I should impress her. I jumped into one of the trees and ran on the branches. I looked down and she looked impressed.

Its working. She tried to keep up with me but I was a bit to fast. I slowed down when something shiny caught my eyes. Bella noticed I was slowling down and followed me. I jumped down frlm the trees and saw a blade. The smell of wolfsbane hit my nose and I pushed Bella back. "Its covered in wolfsbane." I said.

The sun was setring and the meeting slipped my mind. I heard some of the bushes rustling. "Bella. Go back to the pack and tell Cain that there are hunters here." I whispered. She nodded and ran back. I jumped into one of the tress and slowly walked in the direction of the hunters.

I spotted them and they were almost at the house. I jumped dow and roared. Some got terrified and others shot their arrows. I dodged it and hit them with my paw. They flew back into trees. I made sure I got all of them and that they were unconscious. "They're everywhere." Shuri said.

I ran to the next group of hunters but they put up a fight. One of the areows pierced my skin but the wolfsbane did nothing. I attacked them and they were scared. "Its immune to the wolfsbane." Someone said into a walkytalky. I roared and kicked him with my hind legs. Whoever was on the other end must know that they are fighting a panther now.

I took off but I didnt find hunters. I found Cole. "Your okay." I said. Cole nodded. Something was off. He took a step back and I instantly knew. "You backstabbing bastard." I yelled. I jumped over him and kicked him. He hit the wolves that were behind me. It was Brandon and Thomas. I growled when I saw them.

I made my way back to the house. I know I was able to take them but I needed help. I saw Cole was chasing me and the twins were right behind me. I jumped into a tree and went faster. I jumled down when I entered a clearoling. Shit.

I turned quickly and saw Thomas jump. I dodged his attack and Brandon did the same. Two other wolves joined the fight and Cole just watched. I was beyond furious. I roared as I felt one of them bite into my leg. I shook them off and bit Thomas in the neck. I bit down hard until he whimpered. Brandon growled but didnt dare come close to me. The other two wolves attempted to attack me but was met with the same fate.

I growled at Brandom. Waiting for him to attack. Instead he went for Cole. I jumped on his back and almost bit him. He shook me off and Cole hid behind me. Cole seemed a bit scared. Brandon growled and howled in pain. I knew then that Thomas died. Brandon ran off and I didnt chase him. I turned to Cole and growled in anger. "BACKSTABBER!" I yelled. The sun was gkne and the moon showed itself.

Cole backed away. He was in his wolf form and he walked back and whimpered. He couldn't talk like I could. "Bella is you mate. I was slowly trusting you and you betrayed me. I said if this ever happens your fate is in my hands." Shuri growled.

I took back control and looked at Cole. I looked behind me to see Cain, Bella, Jaxon, Massey and Emma. They were all in their wolf form. I looked back at Cole and growled. "I am only doing this for Bella. I wont kill you. You will stay but you will sleep in the dungeon. Im going to have someone follow you and watch you. I was right not to trust you before." I whispered. I turned and walked towards Cain. Bella ran to Cole.

I walked pass all of them and spoke aloud so Bella could hear me. "Cole lied. His staying in the dungeon. His time spent outside will be monitored."