Chapter 10

Cain's pov

Its only been a day and the hunters were back. We used the same plan as last time. There seemed to be less hunters than yesterday. "Something is wrong." My wolf, Tyson said. I looked around and everything seemed to be normal. I waited for everyone to link me to say that they were in position and ready when I am.

I watched as the hunters walked closer to my spot and I got ready to attack. I noticed something move in the trees but I ignored it. I jumped out and attacked the hunters. The rest joined me and we fought of the hunters. They werent backing down are running away. "Cain behind you!" Tyson yelled. I was about to turn when I heard a growl. It didnt sound like a wolf's growl, more like a lion or some cat.

We all turned and there she stood. A black panther conered the four hunters that hid themselves. The panther roared and all the hunters fled in fear. I looked at the panther and growled. What was this cat doing in my territory? The others wanted to help but I linked them to stay back.

I growled at the panther and she growled back. It didnt look she was going to back down. Then she suddenly stopped. She took a step closer but I growled, showing her to stay put.

I looked into the panthers eyes and they changed from a light green to a dsrker green. Like an emerald being hudden from the light. Those eyes reminded me of one person. Elara? The panther stepped closer and her scent was under my nose. It is Elara.

"Alpha, do you need any help?" Paxton asked through the mind link.

"No. You can leave." I said. They all left, leaving me with Elara. Elara walked closer and rubbed against me. She purred and I turned to face her. She looked beautiful as a cat but why didn't she tell me. I gestured for her to follow me and she did.

We walked back to the house but she went in a different direction. I shifted back and put my clothes on. I walked out of the woods and so did Elara. She ran to me and jumped on me. "Wow there." I said. She hugged me tight then looked at me.

"Why didn't you say anything about the hunters? Everyone know but me." She asked. I sighed. How did she even know?

"I wanted yoy to stay safe. Enough about that though. Hiw come you never said you were a cat-shifter?" I asked.

"I never knew I was until today. My pamther's name is Shuri and she is much braver than me." Elara said. I put her down on her feet.

"You are brave. Come on lets go get something to eat." I said. Elara smiled and we went to the kitchen. We walked in and Bella looked shocked to see Elara with me. She gave us all turkey sandwiches.

"So how was your run Ela?" Bella asked. She looked at me nervously.

"She scared off some hunters." I said. Bella looked impressed.

"Im a werecat Bella. I just need to see if it was true and I jusf happened to fins the hunters." Elara said. Bella was impressed and thne a question pooped into my head.

"How did you know where they were?" I asked.

"There was this X carved into a couple of trees. I followed it and found them." Elara said. I looked at her confused. X's on the trees.

"Where?" I asked. We walked out of the house and followed Elara into the wood. She was quiet the whole trip which made me worried she looked at every tree then just kept walking. "Baby, if you cant find it now then we can look again tomorrow." I said.

Silence. Was she even listening. Suddenly she jumped into a tree. "This way." She said and started jumping tree to tree.

"Elara wait!" I yelled. Bella and I ran after her. She was fast. I think she is faster than me. I lost sight of Elara when she jumped down. Bella and I looked for her but couldn't find her

"Ela!" Bella called out.

"Over here!" Elara replied. We ran towards her and she was looking at a tree. We were at the end of the territory. "I followed this one, down that way until I eventually found them." She said. I followed the X's and it stopped halfway to the house. I growled and felt a hand take mine.

I looked to see it was Elara. "They made a path. A secret one. One we didn't even notice." I growled. Elara hugged me but I was still angry.

"Calm down Cain. We all make mistakes." Bella said. We all make mistakes.

"Im Alpha! Im not supposed to make mistakes! Im supposed to make sure our pack isn't in danger. I already failed to protect my mate I cant fail to protect my pack too!" I growled. I was mad and sad.

Elara kissed me on the cheek and held my hands in hers. "You didnt fail to protect me. Im here in front of you." She said.

"I know but that dumb Alpha of Blood cove traumatized you. You might even have PTSD because of him and there us nothing I can do to fix it." I said.

I looked at Elara and it seems she just realised it herself. Bella hugged me and Elara just stood there. "I am fine. Even with this disorder I will get through it. But I need you to stay strong with me." Elara said.

She was the one having troubke yet here I am making more problems for myself. I took a deep breath and hugged both of them. "Lets go back home. Im going to have to do something about this." I said. We walked back to the pack house and I had a headache. Elara followed me into my office and sat with me while I did my work.

"Elara, why dont you go rest. I can do this myself." I said. She got up and looked at the documents and the other papers. She looked at some of them that were on the top of the others.

"I can help with the training and kitchen work. And it also gives me a chance to meet some more pack members." She said.

"Dont push yourself. You dont have to do that." I said. She leaned in and kissed me on the lips. I kissed her back and after a couple of minutes I broke the kiss to catch my breath.

"Ill be fine. If anythung happens, you'll deal with it. Like you promised." She said and smiled. She was being cute and I couldnt say no.

"Bella stays with you all the time." I said and she agreed with me. With that she gave me a quick kiss and went to bed.