Sen blinked. "Oh. My foster parents are from the Dominican Republic, too."

"Ah! ¿Hablas español?"

Sen smiled nervously and held her thumb and forefinger an inch apart. "Um... poquito."

Helena clapped and laughed. "Awesome! So, now that you're here, it's custom... customary? I think that's the word... It's right that I tell you about the god Apollo. What do you know about him?"

"I know that he's the god of the sun," Sen said. "And he plays the lyre."

"Yes," Helena said. "Lucky for us, our father is a god of many things. The sun, music, archery, plagas, prophecy, truth, oráculo, dance, healing-"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa," Sen said. "Why is he the god of so many things?"

Helena shrugged. "Who knows? However, most of us in cabin seven divide in three different ways; healing, music, and archery. Some of us can play any instrument we pick up. Some of us can heal with a touch. Some of us never miss our target. It's... tricky to figure it out. Do you know what you're good at?"

"No," Sen frowned.

"Well, do you think you are a good healer?" Helena offered. "Do you feel like you're good at medical things?"

"Not really," Sen frowned.

"Well, do you have good aim?"

Sen blushed, thinking about how embarrassing it was to play basketball, since she sucked so bad. "No..."

"Are you a good singer?"

"I like to sing, but I'm not good."

"Sing for me."

Sen knitted her eyebrows. "I want to go to sleep." Helena blinked. "Dormir. No awake."

Helena smirked. "Your Spanish accent is good. How'd you learn so well?"

"I picked up on conversations over time," Sen admitted. "Mrs. Sanchez also really loves her Latino soap operas... and she plays nothing but Selena, Luis Fonsi... Shakira..."

Helena snorted. "Do her hips not lie?"

"Her hips do not lie," Sen admitted, managing a small laugh.

Helena stood up, and surprised Sen by giving her a hug. "Welcome to our family, Sen. Try to get some rest." As she pulled away, she clapped twice, catching everyone's attention. "Bedtime, everybody! Go to sleep!"

Everyone listened to her, shutting off their instruments, voices, and speakers as they crawled into their bunks. Even though the dazzling lights overhead shut off, Sen noticed everyone have a little light next to their bunks, each one different. As her vision focused, she realized they were nightlights, like a child might have. With their dad being the god of the sun, were these guys afraid of the dark?

Sen found that strange. She wasn't afraid of the dark. She tucked into her own bed and unplugged the nightlight that came with it, her head situated close to the window. She had a perfect view of the woods, seeing little owls flutter by every now and then. In the distance, she could hear the droning of bees. She hoped to find the hive tomorrow. Maybe that might bring her some solace.