My hands shook at the sound of those words, leaving a foul taste in my mouth.

However, I took a deep breath and looked him in the eyes. We need to resolve this right now, so I continued.

"How do you think I felt when you completely ignored me and simply walked away? Rather than sleeping next to me, you slept on the couch. Your family asks me about you and about what happened to you." I wiped the bridge of my nose. "What do I say to them? My husband never tells me how he feels! You know I am always here for you. But, Rudra, you can not ignore me!"

I got closer and hugged him. He lifted me off the ground, and I wrapped around him, clinging to him with longing.

As soon as I was in his arms, I felt like I could breathe properly and that my heart was at peace. Warmth and fragrance. I have been missing for several days.

He pressed his lips against the side of my head.

I drew back my head, looking him in the eyes. "I am sorry, I did not mean it--I really didn't."

As he nodded, I rested my head against his neck. He walked into the room and sat on the bed, holding me in his lap and still hugging me.

We sat silently, simply embracing one another. Then I spoke.

"Give me a kiss."

He laughed as he grabbed my jawbone. "I was hoping you would say that."

He draws in closer, his lips meeting mine as he plants an open-mouthed kiss and tightens his grip on my jaw. His warmth surrounded me, and I could feel his heart pounding rapidly against mine, rhythmically matching mine.

I cupped his face in my hands and tilted my head, giving him a deeper kiss. When he pressed me down, I felt him...really felt him. And my stomach began to flutter like a million butterflies, and I felt tingles in my chest.

I grided my hips to induce some friction and relieve the delightful ache between my thighs. However, he stopped me, his fingers digging into my skin as he gripped my hips.

Breaking the kiss, he gritted. "Don't move, Chandini. Or I'll lose control."

Returning to reality, I remained still but quickly relaxed as his thumbs moved in circles around my hips.

The room is silent except for the sound of our laboured breathing. I bite my bottom lip, pushing my hair back out of my eyes.

"I ask only one thing, Rudra, and that's all I've asked of you. Please, just express yourself."

He nodded and looked guilty, so I didn't say anything.

I stood up and went inside the closet without looking at him, and his gaze burning on my back was enough to know he got what I meant. When I came back, he was still seated on the bed. His gaze sweeps over me from head to toe, and I raise my brows at him.

"Simply admiring my wife's beauty. And wondering how such a bastard as myself became so fortunate to call you mine."

I felt my cheeks burn as I muttered. "Thank you. And yes, there are moments when you act like a bastard. There's no denying that."

He laughed.

I approached him and looked him in the eyes. "I apologise for screaming and misbehaving."

He shook his head, grabbed my waist, and gave my stomach a quick kiss. "That is alright. However, I would prefer that you scream beneath me, or on top if that is your preference." He winked, and I shoved him aside.

"Go take care of your situation." I pointed to his thing.

He looks down, then up at me, a grin beginning to form on his lips, and I rub my forehead in anticipation of an incoming remark. "Maybe you should get down here and help me."