Chapter twenty one

PART TWO

Ruby ignored Lily as Lily sat next to her on the step and lit her own cigarette. Ruby was in shock about this whole new person sitting next to her, Lily looked completely different with her eye makeup and blonde hair.

"I don't want you to forgive me Ruby. I understand your pain." Lily blew out the smoke from her cigarette, but Ruby just let out a laugh.

"'Pain'? Lily I'm furious, I'm not in pain! My parents were finally sorting things out, me and Charlie were happy switching houses. You ruined everything Liliana!"

"I know Ruby, I know. But this gave me two wonderful children Ruby. I couldn't just get rid of them! I tried too, I tried to get rid of everything but then your father found me..."

"I hope you and your children go to hell." Lily felt a stab in her heart over the last words Ruby spat, did she really wish that? Lily watched as Ruby stomped into the house.

"Miss Lily, Thomas told me to come and get you. He has the children and dinner is about to be served. I'll walk you." A maid with brunette hair walked over, she was about Toms age and Lily wondered if anything had happened between them. But quickly pushed the thought to the back of her head. Lily followed the maid into the dining room, there was millions of people and Lily felt embarrassed for some reason, nobody's attention was on her but it felt like it.

Lily was just arriving to her seat where she saw most of the family except for Tom. She looked down to see Adeylia was on the right hand side of Tom and then Lily was next to Tom with Ezra next to her. Lily felt somewhat special when she saw her name on the table next to Tom and her heart fluttered a bit.

There was a tap on her shoulder and Lily quickly turned around to see Lizzie with a wine glass. Why was she here? Lily wondered, wasn't it a bit strange his ex wife was here having dinner with him?

"So I see you and Tom had children." Lizzie nodded her head towards Adeylia and Ezra chatting at the dinner table.

"Yes we did in fact Lizzie." Lily took a long sip of her champagne, still watching her children. Feeling rage at every second passing, Lizzie had always had a problem with Lily. Even when nothing between her and Tom had happened.

"I knew right from when I saw you sat at the breakfast table with Thomas something was going to happen. He's my ex husband, I know him inside out."

"Interesting." Was all Lily had to say, what else could she say? Lily went to go sit down but Lizzie grabbed hold of her arm, gliding her back. Lily looked around for a little help, but nobody took notice of her - everybody was talking mindlessly from the alcohol.

"You do realise that just because you're sitting next to Tom at his fancy dinner party it's because he wants to put on a show? Don't you? New mother of his children, he wants to show that. They'll be a next one in a years time, once he gets bored of course." Lily furrowed her eyebrows, her blood boiling. Her hand was aching to slap her right across her wrinkled face, but Lily ruined the first dinner party and would die of embarrassment if she ruined the next.

"He's fucked me all round this house you know.  Even where you're sitting on that table he went from behind. He did it on purpose, placed you where we fucked for hours. It was only recently." Lizzie's sly voice whispered as Lily felt her stomach drop. Immediately feeling sick and needing a cigarette.

"He told me personally, he hasn't fucked you since you left, said it was all platonic.
What a shame. He was never attracted to girls plastered in makeup, either that or he's not attracted to you altogether. You've had two children, you can't be the same tightness as you used to be, women speak you know about their husbands leaving after they gave birth. You should've seen how head over heels he was for Grace, all she wore was a swipe of mascara on important days." Lizzie carried on, her voice and laughter droning through Lily's ears as tears swelled in her eyes.