Chapter One

Lilianas Point of View

"We can all go to mine? I'm not sure if my Dads home but he won't bother us, he doesn't have time" Ruby spoke, linking my arm as Emma and Rosie walked next to us - also linking arms, we had all just came out of our optional boarding school.

This is always how it was, Me and Ruby were closer friends than us to Rosie and Emma and they were the same. But we all loved each other most of all and that was most important.

"Yeah seems good, me and Rosie will go back to ours for dinner though." Emma spoke, which Ruby nodded too as we walked to the Car her Dad had ordered for her to be picked up in.

"Will Charles be there?" Emma asked, with a mischievous grin on her face at the thought of Charlie. Charlie was like my older brother, he's always looked out for me happily so I wouldn't dare think of him in the way Emma did.

"Obviously where else would he be?" Rosie rolled her eyes and got into the car.

I sat on the smooth leather seats and happily relaxed into them, droning out their conversation about Charlie.

Once we arrived at Arrow House Rosie gasped at the sight. They'd never been here before so I wasn't surprised. It really was beautiful, but also it had a haunting look to it which usually caught me off guard. I had always been a nervous girl, ever since I was younger. I think that's why Ruby was so adamant on being my friend when we first met on the first day of high school. She had her fathers temper and confidence - even though i had never met him personally, but i had heard of him in the papers when the Peaky Blinders were in the peak of their crime and I remember my father telling me how much of a disgrace they were. But since then, it had died down a real lot and Mr Shelby had a lot of money.

We entered the house as Frances the head maid answered the door. She greeted me and the girls as usual, I had been in this house many many times but the only people I met was the chefs, Charlie and the maids.

Ruby threw her bag down and then collapsed on the sofa as Rosie and Emma peered around the room curiously.

"Miss Ruby, your Father is in the office at the moment, maybe warn him about your friends." She gave Ruby a look which I immediately understood and by the looks of things, so did Ruby. I was used to these looks by the maids at my house and I wondered if Mr Shelby was the same as my father. Strict, nonverbal and abrupt.

"Dad! I'm home and I brought my friends!" She shouted up the stairs and I wondered if Mr Shelby would have heard it, I had no idea where his office was but I doubted he would have heard her, although if he did hear her then I knew his mood would have decreased even more as Frances obviously meant he wasn't in a good mood.

I sat next to Ruby lightly and braided a few strands of my long shiny hair anxiously waiting for the outcome whilst they all chatted oblivious to the heavy footsteps descending the staircase.

I looked up and immediately felt pooling between my legs. I didn't realise Ruby's father looked like this.

He had the Peaky haircut my father described to me when I was a little girl, telling me to stay away from the men with that type of haircut. Sparkling light blue eyes and plump pink lips. He looked like a god and if anything I wanted to run closer to the man then run away like my father ordered. His suit looked neat and more expensive then myself all together, with the first two buttons of his shirt undone.

His sea like eyes locked mine and i took a breath as he quickly looked away, not caring about my presence but then looked at the girls in the room.

"Ruby? What did you say I didn't hear you. I was in my office you should've come up." His thick husky Birmingham accent muttered as he walked next to her, looking down at her.