Chapter eighteen

Pulling up to the house, Liliana felt anxious. Scared. The house bought feelings she hated, it reminded her of her past.

That night, Tom comforted the sad girl. She was on her fifth glass of wine as they sat on the sofas in his office. Liliana was reminded of the last time they were in here and the memories they shared. She started laughing at him as he smoked a cigarette, she didn't know what she was laughing at but he was just funny.

"Come on Lily, I think you've had enough wine I'll take that from you." Thomas chucked, reaching for her glass of wine. But she furrowed her eyebrows and shook her head.

"Don't tell me what to do. Leave the wine out of this." She took a large gulp from her wine and settled back on the sofa and closing her eyes in relaxation.

"Oh I think the wine has a huge part in this, I'll be taking it." He swiftly grabbed the glass before she snatched it away from him.

"Thomas! Give me that back! I'm a grown woman!" She shouted angrily, running after him as he moved to put it on a shelf she couldn't reach.

"You're a dick." She muttered, turning away from him and crossing her arms, before spying his whiskey bottle and glass in the corner. Thomas sighed as he watched her help herself to a glass of whiskey before gulping it down. She giggled at him until she spotted a small radio in the corner, knowing Tommy she knew he never used it.

"Come on Tommy! Let's dance!" She held his hand and dragged him over to it then turned it on. Lily has no idea what music it was playing but held Tommys hand as she danced and spun around. Tommy didn't dance, he just watched her and spun her around a few times and laughed at how bubbly she was.

"Do you know what I always wonder?" She stopped spinning around and stared at Tom in his blue eyes, normally she wouldn't have the guts to look in his eyes; but she had the guts now from the wine.

"What do you always wonder then Lily?" He asked, sitting down on the sofa once again which caused Lily to plop down next to him.

"How did you become you? I mean look at you Tommy you're like famous. You're unbelievable!" Lily rambled on as he just chuckled at her. She was a funny girl when drunk.

"You're so like feared you know? I don't understand how! I want to write a song about you." The girl edged closer to him and started taking off his blazer which made Tommy furrow his eyebrows, he could smell the wine on her breath which made him look away to the side and sigh. Lily climbed on his lap and trailed his shirt before kissing his neck, but he gently pushed her away, causing the bright smile on her face to drop and look down at her lap.

"Do you not want me Tommy?" She asked quietly, tears brimming in her eyes. He looked at her and gave her a small smile, lifting up her chin with his hands and pulling her close to his face.

"Lily you're drunk. You don't know what you're doing and I'm not letting you fuck me when you're drunk." He chuckled as she looked at him with sad eyes.

"But we've done it before! Come on Tom we can just do it I'll be fun trust me! Have you not missed me?" She pouted and he just rolled his eyes.

"Yes Lily of course I've missed you but I'm not letting you do this when you're drunk. You won't even remember-"

"Don't you dare, I will remember! Do you really think I've forgotten all the times we used to?" She giggled and he just laughed and looked away,

"Come on Lily I think it's time we get you to bed. You've had a long day." Lily rolled her eyes before getting up and walking over to his desk and looking around. That's when she saw the letter to Ruby, about the dinner party. Her heart sank and she looked at Tom who was eyeing her. She sat down in his office chair and bit her lip.

"Do you still hear from Ruby?" She looked at Tom sadly and trailed the letter. He just shook his head and sighed.

"I've got a dinner party coming up, I'm inviting her. She'll come, I know she will." Lily nodded slowly before the telephone on the desk rang which made her suddenly jump. She looked at Tom, who shook his head to say ignore it but she giggled happily. Tom quickly got up, knowing what she'd do but before he reached her she picked up the phone.

"Helloooooo, Mr Tommy Shelby's office! What can I do for you?" She looked away from Thomas who was lighting a cigarette and laughing whilst watching her and she stared at a corner in the room covered by cobwebs when a very familiar voice started talking.

"Oh, um hello. I would like to talk to Tommy. He should be expecting my call right now." Lizzie's confused voice spoke through the telephone which caused Lily to burst out laughing and looked at Tommy who all of a sudden went very serious. If Lily made some petty comment, all hell would break loose. He slowly walked towards the girl who was still laughing and indicated her to give him the telephone but she just smiled and shook her head.

"I'm very sorry Miss Lizzie but Mr Shelby is busy at the moment, he's with some girl with blonde hair. Maybe give him a call tomorrow when he's finished with her. Now, goodbye I hope you enjoy your night." She started laughing even more as Tommy sighed and rubbed his forehead.

"I think we need to get you upstairs and sleep Lily, it'll be the best." He pulled her up by the arm which caused her to furrow her eyebrows.

"No Tom let's do more please! It's so funny I want to talk to more!" She smiled, trying to run away but he just picked her up and threw her over his shoulder causing her to squeal happily.

He moved her to a guest room which made her glare at him as she sat on the bed. Once he was leaving he caught her crossing her arms and glaring at him, Tommy closed his eyes and pinched the bridge of his nose.

"What now do you want love?" He asked, crossing his own arms.

"Why can't I sleep in your bed?"

"Come on then Lily," She skipped a long side him and held his hand as they made their way to his bedroom. It was the same as always. She loved it. She loved the scent of his room, the sheets, the pillows, the view outside. It was her favourite room in the house. She peered around and saw on the desk was a necklace of pearls and eyeshadow. She felt sad seeing them, and regretted her decision coming to the house but chose to ignore it and laid down on his bed in between the sheets.

Thomas was still in his clothes as he laid down in the bed next to the girl who looked up at him curiously.

"Are you going to fuck me now?" She asked, completely serious. But he just shook his head and chuckled.

"Go to sleep love."

"I don't want to go to sleep yet Tommy I wanna spend some more time with you." She cuddled up close to him, the two stared into each others eyes before Lily started laughing and rolled over to stare at the ceiling. Tom was propped on his elbows and still stared at her, before planting a small kiss on her lips which shut her up.

"Come to my dinner party. Bring the kids. Everyone will love them." He whispered to her, she nodded quietly and dug her head into his shoulder. Before the two peacefully fell asleep.