Chapter thirteen

Lilianas pov

I refused to speak to him. I brushed him off whenever he made a conversation and I knew it affected him as well but I didn't care. I just wanted to go home.

The whole journey home was silent, i stared out the window as he stared at me.

We walked into the house when I saw a familiar woman sat on the sofa reading a newspaper and sipping a cup of tea. Fucking May Carleton.

"Oh hello, I thought you'd be here when I arrived Thomas and now i feel a bit stupid for arriving without any notice but the maid let me in." She rambled and gave him a kiss on the cheek then turned around to see me,

"Good morning... Lisa? I love your dress! Tommy bought me one similar back in the day. Probably wouldn't fit anymore. Oh the times!" She laughed and put a hand on Toms arm.

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked at Tom in disbelief before running straight upstairs to my room.

It was too much for me to be bottling everything up I couldn't do it so I did the naturalist thing to do and sobbed. I sobbed about him, Ruby, Charlie, my father and everything. I stopped bothering with school when I was here. Everything was ruined all from one man. I felt the familiar shiver on my left ear,

Was this place haunted? Was it Grace?

I'm going crazy.

All of a sudden Tommy burst in the door and then shut it. Looking at me and sitting on the bed.

"What is going on?"

I turned away, crossing my arms and looking out the window as more tears fell.

"You've got to communicate with me Lily you know this." I shook my head, and laughed at him before biting my lip.

Why was I so mad? Was I overreacting? Should I be mad he called me his dead ex wife's name? Maybe it was his coping mechanism?

I shook my head at the thoughts. I should be angry, I'm still a person. And I'm not being replaced.

"Do you know what you did last night?" I turned around and stared at him, my sadness suddenly rising to rage. But he shook his head slowly, no recognition of last night.

"You called me your fucking ex wife's name!" I screamed at him, watching his expression. His jaw dropped a little bit and he looked down at his lap, not looking at me.

I quickly grabbed his face with a harsh grip, forcing him to look at me instead.

"Do you know how that fucking feels?! You didn't even fuck me you fucked your ex wife. I'm not Grace! I don't know where you got that thought from but I am not!" I shouted, taking my grip off his face and curling on a ball on the floor.

"Lily I was drunk. I don't see you as Grace."

"And why the fuck is May Carleton here? How dare you." I growled, pointing a sharp finger at him.

"You bought me the same dress as her? Oh the fucking arrogance. Who do you think you are?!" I screamed, hitting his shoulder as hard as I could repeatedly.

"Lily calm down you're getting yourself into a mess come on." He tried grabbing my arms to stop me but I just shouted even more to get off me.

"What is wrong with you?" I cried, sitting back on the floor and burying my head into my knees.

"How could you do this?" I asked repeatedly over and over again as he just stared at me in shock.

"You're not a good man Thomas Shelby. You saying last night at the Garrison how you've changed and you're a different man... Yeah, you don't hurt people physically anymore you hurt people mentally." I cried into my knees. Wishing for the pain, for the hurt to stop.