Chapter five

We finally pulled into the carriage driveway outside my house and i stared at it sadly. It was an extremely beautiful house but was this going to be the last time I see it?

"I've always loved your house," Ruby whispered, putting a hand over mine which I smiled weakly at.

"Right I'll go in." I said quietly and started getting out the car.

Ruby started getting outside the car also and in reply to her getting out I heard Thomas saying for her to stay in the car and he'll go in with me. She nodded sadly and gave me an apologetic look.

One thing Ruby knows is to not go against her fathers rules.

Me and Thomas walked silently to the house, when we stopped in front of the door I took a deep breath.

I knocked on the door and May answered the door, she welcomed us in and i asked where my father was.

"He's up in his office, he's been extremely worried Miss Liliana. I'm sorry I'm going to have to tell him you're here." I nodded and looked at Thomas. I couldn't read his expression (like most of the time) as he lit another cigarette out of his cigarette case.

"Liliana where the fuck have you been?" my Fathers voice boomed as I heard his footsteps down the stairs, i looked quickly at Thomas in alarm and he nodded at me for reassurance.

My father came down the stairs, he was a short man and he had a glass of rum in his hand. He looked at me, furious. Then saw Thomas and his face turned into complete shock and then anger once again.

"Nice to meet you too Mr Layton." Thomas said, peering around the house.

"What the fuck is he doing here?" He shouted at me and I looked down at my shoes.

"I've moved in with him temporarily. Father I can't let you treat me the way you do, in fact I won't let it happen ever again." I muttered.

"And how do you know him?" He hissed in disgust and Thomas raised an eyebrow.

"Listen clearly Mr Layton, your daughter is going to go collect most of her belongings and you and I will have a private chat while she's up there. Go on Lily up you go." Thomas ordered and guided me towards the stairs with a hand on my back reassuringly.

I reached upstairs and as soon as I entered my room I gasped at the state. I took pride in my room and all my expensive belongings but in a fit of rage my father tipped everything over and on the floor. Many things were destroyed and stomped on, makeup was smeared on my desk, it was horrific.

I let out a sob and sat on the floor with my knees up to my face and just cried for a moment at my room at all of my precious belongings destroyed. I traced my silk robe with my pointer finger and stared at it sadly due to it now being ripped up into shreds.

I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in," I muttered quietly but didn't bother to see who entered the room. But when I felt someone stand behind me I smelt the familiar whiskey and cigarette smell. He closed the door and played with the top of my hair.

"It wasn't me who did this." I stated and he mumbled an agreeable response.

"What did you say to him?" I turned my head around and looked up at him with my brown bambi eyes.

"Nothing you need to worry about. Now come on, it's going to start raining in a second and Ruby's in the car." He pulled me up to my feet and I grabbed some of my precious belongings. I went to pack some clothes but he shook his head at me.

"We'll get you some more Lily. Come on." I nodded sadly and followed him out the room.

My father was sat on the arm chair staring into space and I looked at him for one of the last times as he got up and came close to my face.