𝘛𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘢 𝘺 𝘋𝘰𝘴

Start from the beginning

I suck in a breath when I feel something delicate trail down my arm. I turn my head towards my arm and see that it's a white rose. He leans down to my ear, his breath hitting the shell of my ear, causing my heart to flutter. "For you," he whispers, repeating the action of trailing the petals of the rose down my arm, before putting it in front of me to grab.

A smile forms on my lips as I gently take the rose from his hand, turning around to look at him directly. It's like all the oxygen in my lungs leaves at the mere sight of him. He is devastatingly beautiful, which I already knew, I mean it's literally a fact, but it still never fails to amaze me.

His wavy black hair is perfectly tousled, the morning sun highlighting every sharp feature of his God-like face. And his eyes have never looked so blue.

His eyes soften once they land on mine. "How did you sleep?" He asks, placing his big hand on my cheek.

A small hum of delight escapes my lips from the warmth of his touch. I want more. I want him close. I lean further into his touch before answering his question. "Good." A complete lie but telling him about my nightmares means talking about Joseph.

And we haven't had a full proper conversation about him yet and honestly I'm scared to.

He tilts his head, studying my face as if he does not believe the words that just left my mouth. His steel blue eyes darken with swirls of gray, like a storm coming to the sea. "Thank you for the rose," I say abruptly, his intense gaze getting to me.

He doesn't know about my nightmares, does he?

For the most part I've kept them well hidden.

"Well, I'm starving so let's go-"

"Andrea told me that you woke up crying today," he steps in front of me, preventing me from walking away from him. "She also told me that you have been waking up distressed for the past two days," he says in a dangerously calm tone.

Shit, I forgot that Andrea saw me crying this morning.

I tried to wipe away my tears so she couldn't see them but they just wouldn't stop rolling down my face.

The nightmare felt so real.

"You can either tell me what is wrong, mia cara, or I can get it out of you," he warns me and my palms begin to feel clammy.

"It's...it's not important," I try to look away from him but he grabs my chin, directing my attention back to him.

"It's important to me," he sternly says. "Don't make me ask again, Lina," he exhales deeply, his patience clearly running thin.

"I've been having nightmares that's all. Everyone has nightmares...it's not a big deal," I dismiss his concern.

"You woke up crying this morning, that's a big deal to me," his jaw tenses but he instantly relaxes once I place my hand on his cheek.

"I'm fine. They are just nightmares, Nathan," I whisper, admiring the way his eyes flutter shut for a moment as I continue to caress him.

He slowly grabs my hand, lifting it to his lips to place a kiss on the inside of my wrist before putting back on the side of his face. It's like a swarm of butterflies are flying inside my stomach.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He hesitantly asks, like the words that just left his mouth are foreign to him. Like he's never asked anyone if they would like to talk about what's troubling them.

I give him a kind smile, standing on my tiptoes to kiss his cheek. A barely audible hum leaves his lips at the action. "Later," I tell him, removing my hand from his face. "I really am starving." He nods his head in understanding and grabs my hand leading us to the breakfast table.