𝘛𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘢 𝘺 𝘋𝘰𝘴

I take my time making my way downstairs to have breakfast with Nathan

I take my time making my way downstairs to have breakfast with Nathan. I could barely sleep last night because my mind was going over everything he told me yesterday.

The way he easily admitted to killing people, like it was a normal thing.

I should be fucking terrified by him.

I should be planning my escape and I should definitely be contacting a phenomenal lawyer to get me out of this arranged marriage.

And yet I'm not doing any of these things.

I criticized Joseph for killing two of my father's bodyguards when Nathan has probably killed far more people.

He was in the mafia but his family still is.

I should be flipping out right now.

But I'm not.

I'm not afraid of Nathan, I mean, at times I am intimidated by him but I'm not afraid of him.

I actually feel...safe around him in a strange way.

What the hell is wrong with me?

"Since I'm assuming you are my third bodyguard, what's your name?" I look up at the tall man whose eyes are anywhere but on me.

Now that I think about it none of the bodyguards ever look at me directly.

Except for Luca and Danny.

Weird.

I take notice of the jagged scar that's across his lips, quickly averting my eyes away from it, not wanting to seem rude. I never really paid attention to his face before but now that I'm walking beside him, I can see his features clearly.

"Rocco," he clears his throat and continues to look straight ahead as he leads me outside where the stunning garden is. I wonder where Luca and Danny are? "Nice to officially meet you. I'm-uh- well, you already know who I am," I awkwardly chuckle, his lips crack into a barely noticeable smirk before returning back to a thin line.

Even though I haven't had a proper tour of this enormous house yet, my favorite part is the garden. I can stand here all day admiring the beautiful flowers that bring me so much tranquility.

I look to my right and see a small round table with two empty seats. Where's Nathan? I hear Rocco's footsteps retreating away from me but I'm too focused on trying to find Nathan.

Why am I so eager to see him?

I nearly jump at the sound of a familiar deep voice behind me. "Good morning, mia cara," his husky voice sends shivers all over my body.

"G-Good morning," I clear my throat, warmth rushes to my cheeks as my back touches his front. The intoxicating smell of him makes my mind feel hazy. I need to get a grip.