𝘋𝘰𝘴

Nathan Santoro?

Nathan Santoro?

Who hasn't heard about the 24-year-old, playboy billionaire. He- well, his father owns Santoro Enterprises, which is an infamous billion dollar company.

Even though it's his father's company, Nathan has expanded it by having it invest in many other companies, which is why it is so well-known. They basically have an entire empire all around the world.

My father happens to know Nathan's father, Hector Santoro, apparently they have been friends for a long time.

There are rumors regarding their family, rumors that claim they are involved in illegal activities and what I mean by that is that they are part of a ruthless mafia in Italy.

But like I said, they are just rumors. They haven't been denied nor confirmed.

"Yes, I've heard about him," I answer, uninterested in this conversation about him. Nathan Santoro, from what I have heard, is nothing but trouble.

There has been many articles and magazines on his playboy behavior.

"Nathan Santoro and his hungry appetite for women."

"Nathan Santoro seen with another woman at a nightclub."

Quote after quote proving that Nathan has a reputation of a mujeriego. (Womanizer)

Which is why I'm so confused that my father is mentioning him. My father is always lecturing me about how important reputations are, so I don't understand why he is bringing him up.

My father sighs deeply and stares at his desk for a few seconds, contemplating the words that are on the tip of his tongue.

"Why are you mentioning him?" I asked in an irritated manner.

"Lina, I- I have made a mistake," he stutters and my eyebrows raise at his sudden nervous behavior.

I have never seen my father stutter for anything. He is always collected which is how he became so successful.

"What do you mean?" I lean forward to analyze his facial expressions.

"I invested some money in a company that I believed would benefit us," he swallows harshly and plays with his watch. "But I was wrong, they scammed me," he avoids eye contact with me and I take a moment to listen to every word.

"Well, it should be fine right? You did say some money, it wasn't like you invested everything," I tell him and he doesn't bother to look at me.

My stomach drops at his silence. "You didn't invest everything, right?" I push for an answer and he sighs in defeat.

"I-I did invest e-everything...all our money and assets...gone," regret in his tone.

My father is an asshole, but I would have never guessed that he would be a stupid asshole.

"Everything?" I ask in disbelief and he nods with his head hung low. "W-What are we going to do?" I nervously chew on my lip, trying not to sound as scared as I feel.