𝘝𝘦𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘵𝘳𝘦́𝘴

Two Days Later

Two Days Later

"What else did you find before you burned the garage down?" I ask Luca as we make our way to the foyer.

Luca had found Lina's mom's credit card in Joseph's wallet along with several receipts from the flower shop where the roses were being sent.

Everything points to him.

But there is still doubt in my mind.

It all seems too easy.

"Two fake passports which were for him and Lina, a duffel bag filled with money, and an entire file on Elena," he says and I turn my head to look at him.

"Elena?" I question, confused as to why he would have an entire file on Lina's maid. Luca nods. "Have you looked at it?" We begin to walk up the stairs.

"No, I thought you should be the one to look at it first," he answers and I nod.

We make it to the second floor and I turn my head towards the other end of the hallway where Lina's room is.

"How is she?" I keep my eyes fixed on where her door is, wondering what she is doing.

I haven't gone to see her because to be honest I'm angry at her.

Why the hell did she go with him?

She could have screamed and I would have come running to her without a second thought.

But she left with him and almost got herself killed.

I could have lost her.

And the thought of Lina dead makes me physically ill.

I know if I go see her I will take my anger out on her and she doesn't need that right now.

"Her concussion is better but her hand is sore and bruised," he tells me as we begin to walk to Arturo's office.

I have a lot to talk about with Arturo.

Starting with Joseph Suarez.

I wish I could have tortured him before he died, it's what he deserved.

"But how is she?" I repeat my question, more irritated than usual. I want to know how she's doing emotionally.

She kept shaking in my arms when I brought her back to her house.

It pained me to see her like that.

I hate to admit it but it did.

And seeing her struggling on the floor while he was on top of her ready to kill her, it brought back a dark memory.

A memory I have fought so hard to bury deep into my mind.

But it came back.

And now it won't leave my head.