𝘖𝘯𝘤𝘦

I breathe in through my nose and out my mouth as I continue to jog around the perimeter of my house

I breathe in through my nose and out my mouth as I continue to jog around the perimeter of my house. I woke up early this morning because Luca wanted to start teaching me how to defend myself.

And after a tiring one hour lesson on how to use a knife and the key points on where to stab a person, I decided to go for a run to clear my head.

But honestly, it isn't helping.

There are a million things running through my head right now and no matter how hard I try to push them away they won't leave my mind.

My mind is still thinking about the unknown phone call I got last night. Was it Joseph that called me or was it someone else?

I am also thinking about the picture the paparazzi took of me and Nathan last night. Did the man send it to a publication yet? Does the world know about our engagement yet? Does Joseph know?

And lastly my mind drifts back to Nathan specifically Nathan's vulgar words he told me last night.

"The only person I want to fuck during this marriage is the person sitting in front of me."

I can't believe he said those words with so much ease. And I can't believe my body reacted to them.

I have got to stop thinking about it and more importantly I have to stop thinking about him.

In this marriage, there will only be a friendship.

Nothing more..nothing less.

"Do you know that you are not aware of your surroundings at all?" Luca's stern voice startles me, causing me to stumble on my feet and nearly fall on my ass.

I manage to catch myself, looking at him in disbelief. I didn't even feel his presence. "How long have you been jogging next to me?" I ask, placing my hand on my chest to calm my beating heart.

"Long enough to know you are not alert of your surroundings, Lina," he scowls at me and I huff in annoyance with his concern.

"You are like the mini version of Ivan," I groan, slowly walking away from him. Luca looks absolutely nothing like Ivan but he does act like him.

Speaking of Ivan, I urgently need to talk to him. I refuse to believe that he won't be my bodyguard anymore.

Even though Danny and I get along, he will never ever replace Ivan.

"I'll take that as a compliment, Ivan è un brav'uomo," he begins to walk next to me and my head tilts in confusion at the Italian words that leave his mouth. (Ivan is a good man)

I find myself comparing Nathan's Italian to Luca's.

And I don't know why but I love the sound of Italian coming out of Nathan's mouth.