She shook her head. "It's not very deep. I'm okay."

"You didn't hit your head?"

Sen shook her head. "Are you okay?"

Percy hesitated. Truthfully, no. He was not okay. Apparently, he was psychotic, and so was Sen. What do they call that? Mass hysteria? But he wasn't injured, and nobody was hemorrhaging. "I'm... okay."

Sen blinked sadly. "I guess we gotta go." She ran her tongue along the inside of her mouth and grumbled, "I got meat in my damn braces."

Percy chuckled softly. "It's... It'll be okay."

"You saw it, though."

"I did," Percy agreed, glancing uneasily as everyone got ready to go back to Yancy Academy. "I saw it all. I... I saw you push me out of the way, Sen."

She looked down at her shoes and walked to her lunchbox.

"Why'd you do that?" Percy asked nervously.

Sen locked up her lunch and shrugged. "I didn't want you to die, Percy."

"That was dangerous."

"I know."

Percy managed a small smile. "Thank you."

Sen smiled a little. She always smiled with her mouth closed to hide the blue braces.

"You're welcome."

┏━•❃°•°❀°•°❃•━┓

"The truth... can be so very hard to determine. But in this case, the truth seems very hard to deny."

Percy sat awkwardly between Sen and Grover, his hands close together. Sen was rapidly bouncing her leg, vacantly staring at a random point on the headmaster's desk. Grover looked down at his lap, unable to even react to the headmaster's words.

"Mr. Jackson, a number of your classmates so you, Ms Hoa, and Mr. Underwood arguing with Ms. Bobofit," the headmaster said, his hands clasped together, "yet you have offered no explanation for how she ended up in that fountain, other than, uh..." The headmaster shifted, slowly lifting up a few papers. "'I didn't touch Nancy.'"

Percy frowned. "Sen was in that fountain, too."

The headmaster elected to ignore this. "Now, isn't there anything else you'd like to say for yourself?"

Percy thought this was straightforward. Part of him wanted to suck up, lie and say he made a mistake. Maybe he wouldn't get kicked out of school. But he kept thinking about the four different bandaids Sen currently had over her cut and the cheese slapping her in the face. Whether or not he did something wrong, one thing was very clear;

"I didn't touch Nancy."

The headmaster scratched his head and sighed. "Okay... And, erm... Ms. Hoa? Any explanation for how-"

"She slapped me with a cheese," Sen said, "and I got scared and fell back."

"Because of... a piece of cheese," the headmaster said, "that nobody else saw hit you, or even found after the fact?" Sen frowned. "Would you like to explain that?"