Eight

The Decent to Hell is easy.

Climbing out the van, I get a better look of my surroundings. A chill made its way up my spine, This place felt like death.

"Yeah, this place isn't creepy. Not at all." Simon voicing my thoughts.

"Don't tell me your afraid." Isabelle said teasing him.

"Are you kidding me? I was born afraid.... Which sound a lot better in my head."

"Lest check it out." Alec told Jace

The latter of the two walked up to me. "Wait here a minute. We have to make sure its safe." I nodded at him and stayed where I was, Listening to Clary and Simons conversion.

"Why are we doing this? We don't even know these people."

"I just wish my mom I trusted me enough to tell me about all of this." Again completely ignoring that I'm going through the same thing as her.

"How are you not ultra freaked out by all this?"

"I guess I just always felt like there was something missing. Some void I couldn't quite explain. Things are finally starting to make sense. But none of it matters unless I get my mom back."

I would have given her a hug and told her that everything was going to be okay, but I know she would just push me away.

There conversation was cut off by Jace walking up and telling it was clear and to follow him.

Walking toward a gate Jace began to explain more about the Silent Brothers.

"You have to understand, the silent brothers are not like us."

"What they lack your charm and superior people skills?" I joked with him. He chuckled which put a gin on my face.

"Yeah, most people do. The brothers communicate without using words, using just their thoughts."

"That doesn't sound to bad." Clary spoke up.

"Don't let there silence fool you. They'll hold the soul sword to your head, and with its blade, carve the truth from your mind. if your not strong enough, you will die." Well he sure does know how to give a pep talk.

"I take it back. That sounds level ten bad." Finally something sane comes out of this girls mouth.

"Clary, you should know, the pain will be excruciating."

"Clary, you don't have to do this. I could." I was cut off by the boys.

"No."

"Not happening."

"What? Why not?" I asked them but I was given a look from Alec that screamed just listen. so, knowing I had lost that battle I gave up.

"I'll do anything. Walk through fire, battle demons, Whatever it take. I have to get my mom back. I cant..... I wont loose her."

"You wont. Neither of you will." Jace said looking back at me, which only earned me a glare from clary but, I was grateful to him.

After a few moments, much to my distaste, Jace went with Clary into the city of bones. Figuring it was going be a long wait, I pulled myself onto a rock and laid back to look at the stars. I was listening to Simon doing is nervous rambling, so I didn't hear Alec coming up to sit by me.

"Does he ever stop talking?"

"Only in my dreams." That comment surprisingly got me a low chuckle. I sat up so I could ask him the question that has been on my mind for a while now.