Four

As I started to come to the only thing I could hear was two people whispering. It kind of sounded like they were arguing. I didn't recognize the hush voices. I laid there listening for a little while, but I couldn't make out what they were saying deciding it was time to open my eyes, I did just that.

I open my eyes and the light immediately blinded me, I immediately shut them again bringing my hands up to cover them I heard two different chuckles by the tone of them I could tell they were both male. Deciding to try to open my eyes again it was still bright but much more bearable this time.

As my eyes started to adjust to the light, I saw who was standing at the foot of the bed I recognize both boys, but only had the name to one Jace and the dark haired guy from the club stood there, looking at me in worry.

Not being able to handle the pressure of their stare, I began to look around the room it was just then I noticed I did not know where I was. Starting to panic a bit I begin looking around for Clary, but she was nowhere to be seen and just like that felt like the walls were closing in and I could not breathe the boys noticing my panic came and sat by either side each grabbing one of my hands, each telling me to take a deep breath and calm down and for once my panic attack was gone just as fast as it came.

"Where am I? Who are you people? Where is my sister? Why have you taken me?" I asked not giving them a chance to answer one question before asking another they were about to answer but just Clary came running through the door quickly, shoving the dark haired guy away from me, taking his place pulling me into a hug. I didn't like the lost of contact from him but hugged her back.

"Are you okay? Where are we? Who are these people clary?" I asked her

"I'm fine thanks to you and we're in a place called the institute. And these people save your life Elizabeth you almost died." Clary said. I saw the fear in her eyes when she said I almost died. It upset me to think about what she might have been going through while I was just sleeping.

"I'm fine now I promise I'm sorry you had to see me like that Clare." Using the nickname I gave her when we kids. We used to inseparable then and now we're all we have left right now so any problems we had in the past no longer mattered to me, I just hoped she felt the same.

"It's fine now Lizzy all that matters is your okay now."

"So, how are you feeling? Any pain?" Jace asked

"No, none actually. I feel good as new." I told him with a small smile. Remember the cut on my arm I noticed it no longer hurt either. Looking at my arm I noticed three things I was no longer in my hoddie but a black shirt that was clearly a males by the size of it. The second thing was the cut was no longer there which brings me to the third thing there where the cut had been was a strange tattoo like mark that laid there.

"Why do I keep getting random tattoos?!" I asked in shock, first the initials, and now the strange mark on my forearm, but strangely this is the least strange thing that has happened lately.

It was the dark haired man that answered my question.

"That's not a tattoo. It's called a rune"

"I'm sorry who are you? And a what?" Not know what he meant because it looked a lot like a tattoo.

"Sorry I'm Alec Lightwood and it's a rune. they have immense power and only Shadowhunter's can bare them." Like everything he said just made perfect sense. It was nice to finally know his name so I could stop referring to him as the dark haired guy.

Jace taking pity on me adjusted where he still sat beside me so I could see him better started to explain as much as he could without overwhelming me.