Part 66

Shehnaaz's P.O.V. 

After I got ready and was waiting for my time to go downstairs, I sat in front of my mirror and felt slightly weak. My head hurt a bit but I tried to ignore it so that I can enjoy the day. Daksh came for me and upon entering, he held my hands with tears in his eyes and expressed his feelings, "I might not be your blood brother but I have the love, concern and respect a brother would have for his baby sister so you are my baby sister. The day you tied this Rakhi on my wrist, I vowed to protect you from every bad thing. It's traditional that the brother escorts his sister to her wedding dias and I am here to perform my duty." I looked at him, overwhelmed as he held out his hand for mine and asked, "Shall we?" I held his hand and rested my head on his chest, hugging him. "Thank you for everything," I said. He smiled at me as he walked me to Sidharth, making the magical day, out of this world spectacular. My biggest excitement was seeing Sidharth and he looked nothing less than a Greek God, standing and waiting only for me. I couldn't take my eyes off of him for once and despite my pain building a bit inside me, I smiled through it, knowing that my biggest dream was transforming into a reality. We exchanged our garlands after some teasing and then went to perform the ceremonial rites. Mom, Dad and Sonu showed up and after so long of yearning back for their love and acceptance, I finally got back my family. That only added to my happiness and I felt complete on my wedding day. I knew I would have no regrets or complaints after all my dreams were coming true, one by one. As we stood for the 7 rounds, my vision began to get a bit hazy but to not worry anyone, I built up all my strength and kept the smile on my face throughout it all. Sidharth tied the mangalsutra around my neck and filled my hair with vermillion, completing the ceremony and making me his. With passing time, my vision lessened more and I began to feel light headed. We stood for the closing prayer and the pandit finally announced what both of us were impatiently waiting for, "Ladies and gentlemen, may I present to you for the very first time, Mr. And Mrs. Sidharth Shukla!" Everyone showered flowers on us and cheered and applauded loudly, creating a joyous sound. However, the noise soon began to fade away from my ears and I felt extremely weak. Neither my eyes could longer remain open nor my feet could support my body. 

Sidharth's P.O.V. 

Daksh came and hugged me, tightly, upon the announcement of husband and wife and overjoyed, I hugged him back with the same enthusiasm as everyone around us celebrated. Suddenly, out of all the noise, I heard Shehnaaz calling out my name in a faint voice as her fingers clutched onto my clothes. Turning back to her, I saw her eyes closing down and blood slowly coming out of her nostril. Immediately, I held onto her and she looked up at me once before closing her eyes completely. Everyone's celebrations suddenly turned into panic as Shehnaaz fell down in my arms. I began patting her cheeks, worriedly as she laid unconscious in my arms. My eyes filled with tears as I feared her health deterioration. "What is going on? What happened to my daughter?" Her father asked, panicking. I repeatedly tried calling out to her, to get her to wake up but it was all useless. Thinking quickly, I instructed Daksh to take my car out and he rapidly acted accordingly. I scooped up her body in my arms and sat with her in my backseat as Daksh drove to the hospital. Reaching there, I shouted for the doctor and a stretcher was brought quickly for her. She was rushed into a room where the doctor attended to her and I paced, left to right outside, praying for her safety. My entire body trembled at how fast everything turned around and I cursed myself for not seeing her pain through her smile. I was so caught up in my own happiness that I overlooked her pain and asked her if she took her next round of medicines before she came down. A few minutes later, her parents and sisters came running towards me and her father immediately grabbed onto my hands, asking me, clearly terrified, "What happened to my daughter? Why did she faint? Where is she? What happened to her?" I couldn't build the courage to break the news to them and lowered my head as tears flowed from my eyes. "Dad," Ajay said, coming to the rescue, "I'll tell you."