Part 41

Sidharth's P.O.V. 

As we were talking to Anmol, I noticed someone from the corner of my eyes, staring at us. Turning my gaze directly to them, I was shocked to see Shehnaaz's father standing in the corner and looking at us. A few seconds later, Shehnaaz also noticed him and she frowned sadly. In my mind, I was hoping that he doesn't tell her anything and break her heart again. Even the doctor said that she must be kept away from stress. As his feet took him closer and closer to us, Shehnaaz's hand snaked around mine as she looked at him nervously. He came up to us and stared at our hands for a minute. "You're going around shooting people now, too?" He said to her. "Listen...." I started but he pointed his finger at me saying, gritting his teeth, "No, you listen to me! This girl, who once I was so proud of, look where she brought me today. Courthouse! For what? Shooting another man! The more I think about how proud I was of her, the more I just want to strangle her to death!" "Mr. Gill," I said, gritting my teeth, raising my palm to him, "I told you on multiple occasions before that if I am respectful to you until now, it's only because you are Shehnaaz's father otherwise...." "Sidharth," Shehnaaz said, holding onto my elbow, hiding behind my back, "It's okay. Don't argue." I looked back at him irritated saying, "See, this is your daughter. The same one you were so proud of a few months ago. She is the same girl. Unfortunately, your outdated and irrational thinking have blinded you so much that you can't even recognise your own daughter. I am surprised that you have guts to look at yourself in the mirror daily and be normal." I held her hand from behind my back and with confidence, took her out of the courtroom. I opened the car door for her and she got inside. 

On my way with her back home to drop her off, she asked, "Why do you always pick fights with my father?" "Does being your father give him the right to insult you again and again?" I said, looking at my phone, "No one, and I mean no one, can come and insult you and get away with it. It can even be your own father. No one has the right to hurt you." "Then, why are you hurting me?" She asked. I looked at her taken aback. "What do you mean?" I asked. "Nothing," she said, looking out the window. I understood what she meant. Slowly, I held her hand and she looked back at me. "I know I have hurt you a lot this morning by not responding but, is this really going to change our entire friendship?" I asked. She pulled her hand out of mine gradually and said, "I think it already did." My heart sank hearing that. 

Shehnaaz's P.O.V. 

I know my behaviour has been hurting Sidharth since this morning but I don't have any other way. I know that he loves me but I don't know what is holding him back from confessing to me. Perhaps, if I ignite the fear in him of losing me, he would confess. I will keep trying until he comes to me himself and say the words I am dying to hear, "Shehnaaz, I love you." I sighed as I looked outside. 

Sidharth's P.O.V. 

I dropped Shehnaaz off home and proceeded to my office. I was stressed out even more now that I knew Shehnaaz loves me. Daksh came into my office and began listing my schedule for the day but I started to get uncomfortable as I cold sweated. I took off my blazer and hung it on my chair. I loosened up my tie a bit and unbuttoned the top button of my shirt. I dropped the temperature of the air condition and gulped down a glass of water. "Sir, are you okay? You don't look too well," he said, stopping my schedule. "Yeah, I'm fine," I said. I wasn't able to concentrate on anything else besides Shehnaaz and the distance she is keeping from me. It was driving me crazy. "Can I order something for you?" He asked. "Get me a bottle of whiskey," I said. He frowned and looked at me silently. "Go!" I said, rubbing my temple. "What has you like this? You look so disturbed," he said. "Shehnaaz loves me," I blurted out. At first, he looked at me stunned but his face slowly turned into one of joy. "Oh my God! Really? That's such good news!" He said, overjoyed. "What's good in that?" I asked, sternly. "Sir, you are in love with Shehnaaz," he said. "Yeah, so?" I said. "She loves you back too," he said. "Yes," I said. "You both love each other," he said. "Get to the point!" I said. "Sir, what is better than this? You were scared that she was in love with someone else but it's not like that. She loves you! There is no one to come between the both of you. My plan worked," he said, excited. "What plan?" I asked. "I thought that you were never going to confess your feelings so I told her about you going away and the fear of that made her come out and admit that she loves you," he said. "You what? You told her that I am going away?" I asked, gritting my teeth. He nodded. I sighed and leaned back on my chair. "Being with her is still impossible," I said.