Part 42

Sidharth's P.O.V. 

"Are you sure this is what you want?" She asked me, with her voice breaking in between her tears. I pointed at her warning, "I am telling you one last time, don't you dare interfere or try to come into my personal life." "So, for so long, which part of your life was I in? Professional? Am I a charity case for you?" She asked. "You can think whatever you want," I said, turning around back to the bar and grabbing another bottle and glass. "Thank you," she said, "Thank you so very much for showing me my place. But Mr. Sidharth Shukla, I don't want your charity. And if that is why I am here, it's best I leave and go. I am sorry for everything you unfortunately had to go through because of me the past few weeks but I am done now!" Her words were bitter and hurtful. I heard her running up the stairs and turned around to find Daksh looking at me with a strict, disappointed face. I turned back around to hide my tears. "How much more are you planning on hurting her by hiding your true feelings because of the fear of others? You shouldn't have said those things to her because if I am so hurt hearing that, just imagine how much you must have broken her heart. But you clearly don't seem to care because you do it again and again. Why? Because you are a coward! You are scared of nothing! You don't deserve true love like what Shehnaaz has for you. You're nothing but a stone!" He said, angrily. His every word wounded me badly. I gulped down another drink but he came up to me and pulled away the bottle from my hand. He smashed it to the ground. Holding onto my shoulders, he said, "What are you doing? This is your last chance to say sorry and I love you. Don't lose it now or else you will regret it for the rest of your life, my brother. Tell her how much you love her. Stop her because life out there wouldn't be easy for her. You are her shield. You have been protecting her from day one. You went against everyone for her. Don't let it go down the drain. Stop her and make her yours. Trust me, this is your final chance." 

My eyes moved to the top of the stairs as Shehnaaz appeared with a suitcase. She was crying like a baby as she descended quickly. I left Daksh by the bar and rushed to her. Just as she was going to leave, I stood in front of her, stopping her at the door. She looked down at the floor as she wiped her tears. "You can't leave," I said. "I am leaving you and your life alone. That is what you asked me to do, didn't you?" She said. "I didn't mean to hurt you...." I said, trying to cup her cheek but she pushed away my hand, stepping back as she said, "You always say that! Do you really mean it? You hurt me everytime and say the same thing." The pain in my heart flowed through my eyes as tears. Weakened, I dropped on my knees and looked up at her, desperately attempting my last try to stop her from leaving. My tears dropped one by one from my eyes. "I have never experienced love after my mother. The world I come from is filled with only hatred and rivalry. The love I get from you overwhelms me. It makes me scared that I won't be able to keep you safe. I won't be able to protect you like I wasn't able to protect my mother. Because of someone else's mistakes, I had to lose my mother. But I don't want to lose you. You are the only person who can comfort me. Just seeing you everyday is always the highlight of my day. I am too scared of losing you and I am too scared of coming closer to you because of the life I lead. I don't know what I am supposed to do. You are the only person I allow to see my every side. From the very first moment I saw you, I have loved you like crazy," I said as I broke into tears, "With my every breath, with my every heartbeat, Miss Shehnaaz Kaur Gill, I have loved you, I love you and I will always continue to love only you. I can't lose you. You are a part of me. You have become the sole reason for my existence. I have never feared death my entire life but you make me want to remain alive. You are my only reason to remain alive. Even if you try to leave me, I won't ever let you go. You're mine! And you will remain mine! Leaving me now isn't a choice you have." 

She chuckled in between her tears as she wiped them away. Her suitcase dropped from her hand as she kneeled down in front of me. Cupping my face, she wiped away my tears, shaking her head. "You couldn't get your own line to impress me? Stealing my line," she said, jokingly. "What will I ever do without you? Even my lines aren't all original," I said, "But they are genuine." "I love you," she said, pouting. "I love you more," I said, engulfing her in a bear hug. All of my staff members applauded behind us as they stood witnessing our union. In her arms, I found my peace. For the first time in a very long time, I was genuinely happy. We broke the hug and stood up. Turning around, Daksh came up to us with a smile on his face and tears in his eyes, clapping along with everyone else. "Congratulations sir," he said. He extended his hand for a handshake but I hugged him instead, patting his back. "Thank you," I said, "You always knock the right sense into my head when I need it the most." He chuckled as we stepped away and he looked to Shehnaaz. "You have to keep him like this always from now on," he said. Holding onto my hand, she looked up at me saying, "Always." He rested his hand on her head and then left. I looked at Shehnaaz as her minutes ago depressed face was now glowing, cheerfully with the brightest smile I ever saw on her lips. My face also was showing the exhilaration of the moment. The best moment of my life. Nothing could ever top this. I intertwined our fingers as we went up to our rooms, not for a single moment, taking our eyes off of each other. She stopped in front of her door as she turned and looked at me with a peaceful smile. "I am feeling as if I am dreaming. It feels like I would wake up in the morning and this will all turn out to be a dream," she said. I held her hands and leaned closer to her. I kissed her forehead. 

"Tomorrow when you wake up, this will still remain reality. I love you," I said. "I love you too," she said. She wrapped her arms around me and lightly squeezed me, making my heart rate increase. "Will you tuck me into bed?" She asked. "Of course," I said. We went into the room and her cupboards were wide open as some of her clothes were scattered on the floor, some on the bed and others still inside the cupboard. I looked at her as she lowered her eyes and smiled, embarrassed. "I wasn't thinking straight," she said. "I'm sorry," I said, "For everytime I ever hurt you. But I swear, I will try my best to never do it again." She kissed my hand and said, "I trust you." We cleared the bed a bit and she laid down. I covered her with the blanket and sat next to her, holding her hand and looking at her as I caressed her hairline. "Close your eyes," I said. "I don't want to," she said, looking up at me. "I am right here with you. Don't worry. Go to sleep," I said. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes. Her fingers slowly loosened on my hand as she fell asleep. "I love you," I whispered as I kissed her forehead and turned off the lights. I went to my room, took a bath and dropped on my bed. I stared at the ceiling as I blushed. Starting from tomorrow, Shehnaaz and I will take a new step into our new life. I will try my best to always keep her happy and safe. I will protect her with my own life and do anything and everything in my power for her happiness. I turned off my lights and closed my eyes, sleeping the most peaceful night of my life. 

The next morning, I woke up at five and sneakily entered Shehnaaz's room. She was still sound asleep as I smiled and looked at her angelic sleeping self. I just wanted to hold her in my arms and sleep and wake up next to her every morning. She smiled and turned, stretching her hands out, cutely. Slowly, she opened her eyes and looked at me. Her smile became wider as I greeted her, "Good morning, my love." She raised her hands up and called me closer. I went and sat next to her. "Good morning," she said, wrapping her arms around me and pulled me down. I leaned closer to her and hugged her. "Why did you wake up so early?" She asked in her sleepy voice. "I wanted to give you a glimpse into how the rest of your life is going to be," I said. "I'm impatient," she said. I smiled and pulled back. I pecked her forehead and caressed her hair. "Get up my princess, go and take a bath and I will take out your clothes," I said. She sighed and stretched her arms out once more. She sat up on the bed with a gleeful smile. I went to her cupboard and chose an outfit for her as she still remained on the bed. "I am not feeling like bathing," she said, pouting. "If I knew before that confessing my love to you would bring out such a cute side of you, I would have done it earlier," I said, sitting back next to her. "Handling a girlfriend isn't an easy task, you know?" She said. I stroked my finger along her forehead as I tucked her hair behind her ear saying, "I am ready for anything if it means spending the rest of my life with you." "Wow!" She said, "I didn't know that behind the dreaded mafia Sidharth Shukla is such a romantic man." "You haven't seen anything as yet, darling," I said, smirking, as my arm snaked around her body and pulled her closer. Her face was flushed in red as she lowered her eyelids and blushed in the most adorable manner. I slowly started getting closer and closer to her. I could feel her body getting tensed as I held onto her tightly. Just as I was about to touch her lips with mine, she rested her palms on my chest and pushed me away when I least expected it. "I'm going to bathe," she said, quickly getting up and running away into the bathroom. I chuckled as I dropped back on the bed with my hands spread out, clearly in love with even her spoiling my moment. "I will get my revenge, wait and watch. I love you," I said and kissed her direction. She opened the door and stuck her head out saying, "I love you more." She blew a kiss towards me before she locked the door.

***

Hey guys! I know you all have been waiting for this moment for so long! I was in tears writing Sidharth's confession and blushing at their romance. Tell me your reactions! Finally, it's here so I hope you enjoyed it! Please, vote, comment and share my story! Until we meet again! Bye!