Chapter 48

Previously on Scars of the Past -
Meanwhile, at the Malfoy Manor, a stark contrast unfolded. The Dark Lord, in an unexpected display of joy, embraced Mattheo, wishing him a happy birthday and inquiring about his gift. The atmosphere buzzed with an unusual celebration, with Tom Riddle extending heartfelt hugs to Draco, his godson, and Narcissa and Bellatrix enveloping Harry and Dahlia in warm embraces
.

The conflicting emotions overwhelmed Remus as he grappled with the revelation that Harry, his surrogate son, was not only dating Draco Malfoy but also embraced the Malfoy family, including the Dark Lord and Bellatrix. The weight of betrayal gnawed at Remus as he struggled to reconcile the past with the present.

Seeing the turmoil in Remus' eyes, Harry took the initiative to explain everything. He laid bare the manipulations of Dumbledore, the intricacies of his creature inheritance, Draco's role in saving him, and the complexities of his relationships. The revelation that Dumbledore, not Tom Riddle, was responsible for the death of Lily and James and that Sirius was killed by Alastor Moody, not Bellatrix, left Remus in shock.

Tears streamed down Remus' face as he processed the truth, feeling the sting of betrayal from the person he had trusted. However, as Harry revealed the depths of his love for everyone in his life, Remus couldn't help but recognize the sincerity in those words.

Harry, sensing Remus' inner turmoil, gave a comforting hug to the man, assuring him that everything was alright. Bellatrix and Narcissa, ever perceptive, approached Remus with empathy. Wiping away his tears, they reminded him that he was family and would always be welcome at the Malfoy Manor. They guided him to his room, urging him to shower away the weight of sorrow.

A bitter laugh escaped Remus as he reflected on the irony of the situation. Both their noses scrunched the same way Sirius' did whenever something did not go his way. The thought of Sirius brought another wave of tears to his eyes. It had been one year since his death. He had washed away all the grime and dirt from his arms in the shower and worn the clothes that the house elf had left out for him. He shyly stepped out of the room.

Thankfully, Remus realized that he had not been given any special treatment during the feast and afterwards and instead, all of them had acted as if he had always been on their side.

The frozen bodies of Ron and Hermione were taken down to the dungeons of the Malfoy manor. A few rounds of Crucio later, both of them were lying on the cold cobblestone floor, unconscious. A week of starvation, blood-boiling curses and crucios later, Amycus Carrow had silently disposed of their bodies in front of the burrow with a letter tucked into Ron's jacket.; the same way one was tucked in Harry's blanket the night of October 31 when Albus Dumbledore left the infant on the doorstep in the cold October night. The letter had an in-detailed description of their stay at the Malfoy manor. The Order was broken, their hope crushed with Dumbledore's death. Molly had cried her eyes out at the death of her son and daughter-in-law.