Chapter 36

Previously on Scars of the Past -
They had spent most of the sorting screaming at each other; the rest of the sorting was spent in angry silence.

After the Sorting ceremony, Harry and Draco found each other outside the Room of Requirement. Their eyes met, and in that instant, the world around them seemed to blur. They leaned in, lips meeting in a soft, reassuring kiss. With his forehead pressed against Draco's, Harry couldn't help but let out a heavy sigh. "Draco, I had a massive argument with Ron and Hermione," he confessed. "I'm so frustrated with them right now; I can't bear the thought of being in the same house. I'm thinking of asking McGonagall for a re-sorting."

Draco listened with a supportive and understanding expression. He ran his fingers through Harry's hair, his touch a source of comfort. "I overheard your argument," he said, his voice laced with pride. "You stood your ground quite admirably, Harry. I'm proud of you."

Harry's heart swelled with gratitude for Draco's unwavering support.

Harry then listened as Draco revealed his own plan. "I'm going to approach Snape," he admitted, "and pretend to be terrified about the Dark Lord's task."

"Kay. Go out and convince him that you are scared," said Harry, in a fake motivational tone, making Draco laugh.

"I will need to do some make-up. I'll see you tomorrow at Breakfast. Okay?" asked Draco.

"Okay. I love you. Bye" replied Harry

"Love you too," said Draco

Harry gathered his resolve and made his way to Professor McGonagall's office, determined to ask for a re-sorting. He knocked on the door, and the stern-faced professor allowed him in, clearly not in the best mood.

"I would like to request a re-sorting, Professor," Harry said firmly.

McGonagall gave a sharp look and retorted, "Mr. Potter, resorting is a rare measure. And why is it that you desire this?"

"I cannot be in the same house as Ron and Hermione. They are annoying and get on my nerves. They have disrespected me in every way possible. I have nothing to say to them anymore. I wish to avoid themselves as much as I can" said Harry, earnestly hoping for McGonagall to understand but alas!

"So, you are questioning your loyalty to my house because of a few arguments with your friends" simplified McGonagall.

"Yes. If you put it like that."

"Both Lily and James were in Gryffindor. They would have never asked for a change of houses. They were loyal to this house and remained till their last parents." Said McGonagall, trying to convince Harry to change this decision.

"This is known as Emotional Blackmail, professor. And I am not my parents." Replied Harry, sassily.

"Well, whatever it is. I cannot just allow to for a re-sorting just because you had a fight." Said McGonagall.

Harry sighed. "It is written in the Hogwarts rule book that a student has the right to demand a re-sorting if they are not comfortable in their house. And I am in no way comfy in Gryffindor." Pointed out, Harry.