Chapter 8

Previously on Scars of the Past-

"Merlin's saggy tits! What the everloving fuck! You gave me a heart attack. Thank Gods, I placed a silencing charm on this compartment. What if someone saw you?"

Harry had the decency to look sheepish "No one saw me. That is why I have this" he said, holding up the cloak.

"Why are you here then?

"I just wanted to talk."

"And what did you tell your precious friends?"

"That I feel nauseous and want to take a walk around the train."

"Oh-kay! Lying! I didn't expect you to lie, Pottah. That is so bad of you. Dumbledore would be so disappointed in you."

"Technically, I walked till here so that wasn't really a lie."

"You surprise me. That is such a Slytherin reply."

"I know. That hat wanted to put me in Slytherin"

"What! Really! What happened then?"

"I told the hat not to."

"Why?"

"You don't want to know."

Draco got the hint and changed the subject "So what did you want to talk about?"

"That bracelet you gave me. It works"

"Wow! I didn't know that at all."

"Don't sass me. Let me finish. Dudley tried to grab me in front of his friends and this bracelet of yours threw him across the park. His expression; it was so funny. His friends stopped bothering me since then. I also realized that I didn't thank you that day."

Draco cut him off "You don't have to thank me"

"I want to"

"Ok"

Harry opened his mouth to say something, but Draco beat him to it "Thank me then if you so badly want to"

"I was going to but you –"

Draco interrupted him; "I think I need to get my ears checked up because that didn't sound like a thank you to me."

"I was just –"

Draco cut him off again -"I am still waiting."

"You wanker – " This time, Harry stopped himself before Draco could and finally said – "Thank you."

"Don't mention it" said Draco, sporting a proud smirk.

"I think I should go now," said Harry.

"You should"

Harry puts on his invisibility cloak and walks out.