Chapter 10

Previously on Scars of the Past -

"Wait! You knew about this! The letter you sent me when I was 11, was addressed to the cupboard under the stairs. You have known about it all along but you did shit to stop it."

Harry's ability to withhold his tears was reaching its limit, and he wasn't certain how much longer he could maintain his composure.

"If you think that it is getting really bad, I can place protection charms on you. I have already informed you why it is necessary. It is for the greater good, Harry" said Dumbledore, ignoring what Harry had just said.

Harry bid Dumbledore bye and left, feeling an overwhelming sense of suffocation like never before. He found himself utterly lost, uncertain of his next course of action. He decided to tell Ron and Hermione. He didn't trust them blindly as he did before but he didn't hate them either. The three of them had been friends for a long time. Harry had trouble letting go of all those memories so easily. Consulting them though was a bad idea. Ron, still in grief of his brother's death paid no attention to what Harry was saying and Hermione believed that if Dumbledore had ordered this, then it was for the best. Harry got up and left, needing fresh air.

Harry felt betrayed. Deep down, he blamed himself for the situation, thinking that it was his fault 'I mean if all of them are saying the same thing then it must be right. Well, it still is my fault, isn't it? If only I had remained silent and obeyed the Dursleys, none of this would have happened. I am the one who makes the mistakes. I deserved those beatings. If I hadn't been stupid and dropped those plates or burnt that breakfast, I wouldn't have gotten beaten up. It is my fault' thought Harry. He didn't realize that he had been wandering around until he found himself staring at a blank wall; The room of requirement. He also hadn't realized that the tears he had been trying to keep locked away had found a way to escape until a voice behind him pointed it out.

"Harry! What are you doing – Oh my gods! What happened? Why are you crying?" came the voice of Draco Malfoy ashe wrapped his arms around him, which was all Harry needed to break down into a mess, into shards of glass, into heart-wrenching sobs as Draco guided him into the Room of Requirement, never releasing his hold, providing the closure that Harry desperately sought.

After a considerable amount of time, Harry finally managed to calm down. Once he did, Draco directed a question towards him, asking, "What happened?"

"During breakfast," Harry began, recounting the events, "Professor McGonagall told me that Dumbledore wanted to speak with me. I followed her to his office, where he said that I would be spending the summer with my relatives again. I protested, but he dismissed my concerns and said that it was alright for me to have scars from the Dursleys because I am the boy who lived, so I should be able to handle it. He also said that he would place protection charms on me if I THINK that it is really bad. He seems to forget that he said that the last time too! Technically he is right. I mean it is my fault. If I hadn't made those stupid mistakes maybe they wouldn't have beaten me up. He is true though; I am practically useless against the dark lord if this is how I react after a few beatings and, and oh my......I am sorry for ruining your shirt. It is probably too expensive. Merlin! I am rambling now"

"Harry, no! Gods, no!" Draco exclaimed; concern obvious in his voice. "You didn't deserve any of those beatings. And please, don't worry about the shirt. You have done nothing to deserve this. Everyone makes mistakes, but that doesn't mean they deserve to be physically harmed because of it. Listen to me carefully," Draco said, ensuring Harry was looking at him. With an immeasurable concern shimmering in his eyes, Draco gazed deeply into Harry's soul, effortlessly unlocking his deepest vulnerabilities. "You are perfect, alright? Your relatives are vile, disgusting idiots who belong in prison. You mentioned they scarred you. If it's alright with you, would you show me?"