Chapter 7

Previously on Scars of the Past -

"I wish I could tell you but I don't know either. Albus is a very powerful wizard. If he realizes what you are up to, he may put you under an Imperious curse."

"What are you going to do now?" asked Draco

"I don't know, I'll most probably go back" replied Harry

"To those vile relatives of yours"

"I'm used to it by now"

"Nobody should be used to that"

"That's so hypocritical of you to say"

"What do you mean?"

"You are telling me that nobody should be treated like that but you work for a man who treats you like dirt on the bottom of his shoe"

Draco chuckled

'Fuck! How can somebody look so hot while laughing? His laugh is hot? What the fuck? Is this even legal? No, no, what am I thinking? Focus Harry, focus!' thought Harry

"That is Dumbledore's doing. He makes it look like he doesn't care about his followers. That is not true."

"I've seen how he treats Pettigrew"

"Pettigrew was a special case. He was completely useless. That dark lord doesn't mistreat his loyal followers but also doesn't take kindly to traitors and useless bimbos"

Harry registered what he had just been told and asked: "Was?"

"You know that Peter Pettigrew can turn into a rat, right?"

"Yeah! He framed my godfather and got him sentenced to Azkaban. Pettigrew then went into hiding as Ron's rat – Scabbers. I've probably changed in front of him"

"Eww! Wait! Weasley's rat; the one who bit Goyle during the first year"

"Yeah!"

"Oh! Gods!"

"So, he was a rat?"

"Yeah, The Dark Lord may or may not have gotten fed up with him so he ordered Nagini to eat him. She loves rats. That's her favourite food."

Harry's jaw dropped "Really!"

Draco nodded in a yes.

"If the Dark Lord isn't as cruel as you say then, why is he killing people?"

"Casualties are bound to happen in a war. You cannot evade death. Being immortal is a separate thing. Normal people can't run from death. If it is in your fate to die at that very moment, then you do. You cannot change fate. That dark lord hated muggle-borns, not muggles. There is a difference. That is also because muggle-borns try to change the wizarding world to suit their needs instead of changing themselves to fit in. Say, if you got to, anywhere in Asia, China for example; would you try to learn about their culture or force them to celebrate Christmas or Easter because you are more comfortable with it? Muggle-borns come into our world and force their thinking on us. They care not of our culture and traditions. Have you heard of Samhain?"