Life or death

A few years later, we had gotten a new boy in our class named Liam. Long story short, we became great friends and we would always hang out. However, my bad luck had diseased him and he had changed school because he got bullied by kids. Not after a long time,  he had also moved to another city. I never saw him again after he left school.  I don't know where he is or if I'll ever see him again. I just hope he's doing well wherever he's hiding in this world.

At that time, I had gotten a letter from the hospital saying that they had accepted my cancer treatment. I was the only one in the whole country whom had Thallasemia, which meant they had never done this treatment on people that had the same disease as me before. It was a 50/50 chance of me surviving. I lost almost all of my hair during the treatment. This treatment was big. so we had to shave my head. I had gotten transferred new stem cells and a new bone marrow.  I was isolated for 2 months and I had to be in bed all day. I couldn't eat, I couldn't go outside the room, I couldn't even open my window. The isolation was quite strict. After 2 months of tests, operations, isolation and torture at the age of 9, I survived the impossible.  Words cannot describe how glad I am that my mother fought for my transplantation. If it wasn't for her, I would have been dead by now. Because my condition kept getting worse. I came all over the news and I kind of became "famous" for surviving a bone marrow transplant that was donated by a stranger.

After I survived the cancer treatment, my mother received a parcel from the mailman.  It was a parcel from Liam. He sent a teddy to me as a gift for all the pain I had been through. And most importantly,  he sent it as a gift for me surviving. Sadly, he did not give out any contact info so I never got to thank him. But I was now ready to start a new chapter in life. However, little did I know, that my life was about to become far worse.