CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR

Start from the beginning

"Sorry, who are you?" Julie asked, as she turned back to look at Jennifer. 

"Jennifer Blake I work a the school... are you his sister?" 

"Doctor Stilinski, his girlfriend," Julie corrected, before offering a smile, "thank you for bringing him back but I think it's time you leave." 

"You're a doctor? Oh- god, of course, sorry, I didn't know," Jennifer ushered as she quickly made her way out. 

Julie looked back at Derek her eyes filled with anger, "so how did she get that idea, huh?" 

"Not the time-" 

"I think it is the time-" 

"I don't think-" 

"Derek!" 

"I have to find the others... they think I'm dead-" 

"I thought you were dead," Julie cut in, "but no, you're just going and flirting with my brother's english teacher!" 

"I wasn't, she got the wrong message-" 

"No, you clearly gave her the wrong message!" 

Seeing him reaching out for the phone, she snatched it away, "I'll call them. You're meant to be resting!" She snapped, and Derek sighed as he leaned back. He wish he had the strength to fix it, but he was so tired. 

After a small search around the loft and messaging everyone to give them the update of Derek's well being, Julie went back over to Derek still with a natural glare settled deep within her eyes. 

"You don't have any bandages or any kind of first aid anywhere." 

"I usually don't need 'em," Derek reminded, causing her to roll her eyes. 

"So what are we doing then? How are we fixing you?" 

"Time. You shouldn't be here-" 

"Why? Would you rather pretty little english teacher?" She pulled a mocking voice as she said the words causing Derek to smirk slightly. 

"You're cute when you're jealous-"

"Not the right thing to say," she countered. 

"I saved her life... I went to the hospital to find you, you weren't there... I needed help," he admitted, "everyone else is," he groaned out in pain, "there at the cross country... I didn't know where to go." 

"But she thinks you're going to be dating-" 

"She clearly fancies me." 

"Yeah, I guessed that-" 

"They might come back, Julie, you need to go," he urged, and she stared at him bored. 

"Oh because I'm so safe no matter where I am, god," she snorted, "sometimes you're stupid." 

"You don't know me... you don't know anything about me-" 

She hesitated at the words, what was he hiding? What did he not want her to know? She thought she knew plenty about him. 

"I know enough." 

"Everyone around me... Everyone gets hurt." 

"Well, I suppose it's tough shit for you now, isn't it?" 

He smiled weakly out of amusement, "I love you." 

She froze at the words, staring at him blankly. He loved her? He loved her? No one had ever loved her before.