CHAPTER NINETEEN

"Well?" Joe asked, and she looked over at him confused.

"Well, what?"

"How did it go? Come on, you've been going back and forth with this dude for months! It's gotta have been good."

"Well it was something," she mused, as she grabbed onto the set of charts. They were residents now. Not senior residents of course, so they had a long way to go before they could even think about attending but they were getting there. One year at a time.

"Well, how was the sex?"

She looked at him incredulously, "we didn't have sex," she scoffed.

"Well there's a first. Why not? HIV?"

"No. You make it sound like I'm a whore or something."

"No, but you do seem to enjoy sex... so i'm just shocked that you and him didn't have sex."

"I thought I'd wait," she admitted.

"Why?"

"Well..." she thought on the idea of him losing control. Of claws digging into her skin and hickeys turning into throats torn out. "I just thought i'd take the more mature approach."

"Sex or no sex, you're still immature," he scoffed, and she looked at him annoyed.

"Look, it was... it was good."

"Tell me about it, and tell me about how that happened..." he added on gesturing to her head.

"Okay then, well..."

______

Jackson was now just Jackson. He wasn't a kanima controlled by a master, he was himself and he was moving to London to be with some of his family. Escaping all of the madness and chaos, he had changed and moved on. They'd all moved on from Matthews death. She found everyone was moving on and changing, adapting.

She hadn't changed, or adapted.

She grabbed onto her boot, she glanced over at the clock as she pulled it on, hopping around her room as she did so. She spent most of her movements avoiding all of the discarded clothes that she'd lobbed onto the floor after realising she didn't want to wear them.

She hadn't changed in the slightest. Everyone had moved on and looked different, everyone was different. Derek was no longer trying to kill everyone or in his panic driven frenzy, Erica and Boyd were gone. Isaac had moved to Scott's pack, Scott was an alpha in his own right. He didn't have the advanced powers or the red eyes but everyone knew.

Melissa knew all about everything.

Sighing, she stopped in front of the mirror to glance over at herself. Someone was wrong. Something felt so wrong that she couldn't understand why she looked the way she did.

Spotting the scissors in the corner of her eye, she found herself drawn to them. "No, don't be silly..." she muttered to herself, as she ruffled up her hair and cleared her throat. She had to change something, everything felt wrong. It was one of the few occasions in her life where she hated the way she looked. She hated her entire wardrobe, she hated everything.

"Oh, fuck it."

______

Tugging down on her top to ensure it was fitted correctly, she threw her head upside down ruffling her hair before she deemed herself ready. Knocking on the door, she thought on it for a moment before she found herself raising her arm and sniffing. She smelt alright, to her human nose anyway.